• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

24 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

It certainly looks like that US “leaders” and I use the word “leaders” very loosely for a handful of individuals, have made the decision to just let the virus run its course and then we will have a big party and claim we defeated the virus once it has peaked. Sad and embarrassing. 

Pretty much.  

1 hour ago, stirs said:

And unless all the reports are wrong, the entire count of death due to coronavirus in the entire world so far, just caught up yesterday to what we here in the US have lost already this seasonal flu season for 2019-2020

There were estimated 34,200 deaths from the flu last year in the US.  This year its estimated up to 59k. I'm sure some of those are Corona related deaths 

1 minute ago, jfra78 said:

There were estimated 34,200 deaths from the flu last year in the US.  This year its estimated up to 59k. I'm sure some of those are Corona related deaths 

Nope, just seasonal.

This year is between 20k and 40k.  Most estimates by CDC are in the 24k range minimum.

39 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

It certainly looks like that US “leaders” and I use the word “leaders” very loosely for a handful of individuals, have made the decision to just let the virus run its course and then we will have a big party and claim we defeated the virus once it has peaked. Sad and embarrassing. 

Can't wait for the explanation on this one.

Please, no Twitter

On 3/21/2020 at 4:32 AM, App Panther said:

Uh, what should they be counting them as, respiratory failure? 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/have-many-coronavirus-patients-died-italy/

But Prof Ricciardi added that Italy’s death rate may also appear high because of how doctors record fatalities. 

“The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus.

“On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 per cent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity - many had two or three,” he says. 

This does not mean that Covid-19 did not contribute to a patient's death, rather it demonstrates that Italy's fatality toll has surged as a large proportion of patients have underlying health conditions. Experts have also warned against making direct comparisons between countries due to discrepancies in testing.

An update on my wife's employer's incredibly fuged up approach to this situation. Not only are they laying off people in droves, but once those positions are reposted, laid off employees will simply be invited to re-apply. Not brought back automatically. Not given preferential treatment. Literally just treated as any other applicant.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

An update on my wife's employer's incredibly fuged up approach to this situation. Not only are they laying off people in droves, but once those positions are reposted, laid off employees will simply be invited to re-apply. Not brought back automatically. Not given preferential treatment. Literally just treated as any other applicant.

That's a pretty f*cked up thing to do.  It's probably a salary and pension dump if she has one.  Her company is hoping they can hire people for the same positions for cheaper salaries.  I hope these fed aide packages address situations like this.

3 hours ago, stirs said:

Can't wait for the explanation on this one.

Please, no Twitter

Your kidding right?

Did you not hear that dipshit republican from Texas say that seniors are ready and willing to die for the economy? 

trump has tiptoed around just flat out saying it. He wants the USA back to normal by Easter when doctors, pathologist, and you know, people one gazillion times smarter and better suited to speak on the virus are saying that ain’t happening and it’s irresponsible. 

I just ran up to my local HT for a few weekend items and there are a ton of people out. 

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Dude tell us the company so that we can boycott or at least give us some hints. This company is garbage. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Can't right now. She's still safe at the moment. If (when) she gets laid off I'll go full scorched earth.

Fair enough and hopefully she keeps her job. This is some bullshit. companies shitting on their employees In a time of need is unfortunately a characteristic of ‘Mercian capitalism. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1