• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Just now, top dawg said:

Though there is a lot of misinformation regarding taking Ibuprofen with coronavirus, experts really don't yet know if there are any I'll effects from the medication. 

Just to be safe, you might want to stick with acetaminophen for now.

Yeah, I wouldn't be taking ibuprofen with this stuff. Even if it's only anecdotal info that it could worsen the disease, acetaminophen is a perfectly fine substitute.

they just locked my stepmoms senior living place down.  no more activities.  residents can't leave their rooms.   she's at a place in asheville and the recommendations came down from local health authorities.  not sure if city or county

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

An update on my wife's employer's incredibly fuged up approach to this situation. Not only are they laying off people in droves, but once those positions are reposted, laid off employees will simply be invited to re-apply. Not brought back automatically. Not given preferential treatment. Literally just treated as any other applicant.

That is pathetic. 

1 hour ago, raz said:

they just locked my stepmoms senior living place down.  no more activities.  residents can't leave their rooms.   she's at a place in asheville and the recommendations came down from local health authorities.  not sure if city or county

They did this where I work, but not full nazi. They can walk around outside, supposed to practice social distancing (they don't), and they have exercise and games on the in-house tv station. That might change Monday.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

An update on my wife's employer's incredibly fuged up approach to this situation. Not only are they laying off people in droves, but once those positions are reposted, laid off employees will simply be invited to re-apply. Not brought back automatically. Not given preferential treatment. Literally just treated as any other applicant.

Wow

Governor Polis of CO is on now.

Data is showing the r0 is between 3 and 4. Due in large part to our cool temps and low humidity. 

4-5 days on average from exposure to symptoms. Average onset of symptoms to ICU admission is 10-12 days. The stay at home mandate institutes on Tuesday won't show an observed impact until April 7th. CO has 1849 ICU beds. Estimate half will be needed by non-COVID patients. Goal is to add 1000 more by May, 5000 "by summer". Typically 80% are occupied, but elective procedures are not being performed right now.

If no social distancing compliance, up to 33k deaths in the state by June 1st.

I'm not rah rah Polis guy, but damn is it refreshing to see a politician actually leaning on experts and data to make decisions and inform the public.

• Pie 1

Just now, Tepper’s Used Car Lot said:

Wow

Their legal counsel is getting involved. They basically went full "Charlie Wilson's War" on them. Why can't we do this? Well, cuz it's against a poo ton of really good laws. They basically said if you do this you're gonna need new legal representation.

• Pie 2

I reached out to my nurse today. I just had a crazy back surgery and I was told to use ibuprofen. I started to hear rumblings about ibuprofen makes it hard for doctors to treat this virus and makes it hard to recover. The nurse stated that there has been a lot of misinformation about ibuprofen. There hasn’t been any word from the CDC regarding this. She also mentioned that there has been no data to support these claims. I honestly am not sure. Just spreading info I learned from one of our medical providers. Be safe y’all 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

I reached out to my nurse today. I just had a crazy back surgery and I was told to use ibuprofen. I started to hear rumblings about ibuprofen makes it hard for doctors to treat this virus and makes it hard to recover. The nurse stated that there has been a lot of misinformation about ibuprofen. Therasn’t been any word from the CDC regarding this. She also mentioned that there has been no data to support these claims. I honestly am not sure. Just spreading info I learned from one of our medical providers. Be safe y’all 

Last I heard from Dr  Fauci on this is that he has seen no evidence of this.

• Pie 2

Just now, SpeedOFLight said:

I reached out to my nurse today. I just had a crazy back surgery and I was told to use ibuprofen. I started to hear rumblings about ibuprofen makes it hard for doctors to treat this virus and makes it hard to recover. The nurse stated that there has been a lot of misinformation about ibuprofen. There hasn’t been any word from the CDC regarding this. She also mentioned that there has been no data to support these claims. I honestly am not sure. Just spreading info I learned from one of our medical providers. Be safe y’all 

ASHP is specifically recommending against using it with COVID-19 patients. That's a pharmacist professional organization. When it comes to the use of drugs and their potential interaction conflicts, pharmacists are a lot better source than doctors. 

Maybe it'll turn out to have nothing behind it, but if there is anecdotal evidence that there could be negative effects and there are viable alternatives with no anecdotal evidence of negative effects, just go with an alternative.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

ASHP is specifically recommending against using it with COVID-19 patients. That's a pharmacist professional organization. When it comes to the use of drugs and their potential interaction conflicts, pharmacists are a lot better source than doctors. 

Maybe it'll turn out to have nothing behind it, but if there is anecdotal evidence that there could be negative effects and there are viable alternatives with no anecdotal evidence of negative effects, just go with an alternative.

Yeah I don’t want to play with fire. I can give them a call and see what’s a good alternative to use. I’ve been using Tylenol but it doesn’t seem to work for me