• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Don’t leave your house at all (if you’re one of the lucky ones that can WFH) and you don’t have to worry about touching your face. Today i hit 4 weeks of quarantine. I’ve only been out twice and that was drive thru drop box prescriptions while wearing nitrile gloves. Get groceries delivered if you can, take the groceries out of the bags and throw them away immediately, sanitize everything you need to put in the refrigerator and leave boxes out in the garage for a couple days. any amazon orders/mail gets put in the garage for at least two days before opened. Always wearing nitrile gloves whenever something gets touched from the outside. Then come in and wash your hands with warm water and soap.

I’m probably going overboard but I’ve been reading about this virus since it started in Wuhan. It is not something to fug around with. And I’m protecting my family as much as I possibly can so that I can have peace of mind that I did everything I possibly could to prevent infection. At first all of this was really scary changing habits. Now it’s just routine. People need to do the same in general. Even if you don’t have a family, you protecting yourself protects healthcare workers from the system getting stressed. Do your part.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 8

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/confirmed-coronavirus-cases-almost-meaningless-123550415.html

Probably at least another 100k cases out there and not reported.  I still think like I did way back, like 50 or 60 pages ago, that if we know who this affects, then quarantine them, and stop trying to lockdown the country.  It has not worked anywhere.  We are locking down the entire economy to protect certain vulnerable groups.  Make the guidelines for everyone, but sooooo many people who cough a day or two and are over it.  Others 50%, have no symptoms at all.  Getting the test out there to see who has had it would be helpful.  Let them go back to work, volunteer, etc.  Would ease the burden on every sector of society.  Not sure what the rush to test everyone will accomplish in the end. 

I’m watching documentary on how China handled the outbreak and they basically established a martial law.  Even sick people were told to stay home and they died at home.  People were not allowed to leave their homes.  They also sprayed everything... streets, stores and etc.  western world would never do that.

1 hour ago, stirs said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/confirmed-coronavirus-cases-almost-meaningless-123550415.html

Probably at least another 100k cases out there and not reported.  I still think like I did way back, like 50 or 60 pages ago, that if we know who this affects, then quarantine them, and stop trying to lockdown the country.  It has not worked anywhere.  We are locking down the entire economy to protect certain vulnerable groups.  Make the guidelines for everyone, but sooooo many people who cough a day or two and are over it.  Others 50%, have no symptoms at all.  Getting the test out there to see who has had it would be helpful.  Let them go back to work, volunteer, etc.  Would ease the burden on every sector of society.  Not sure what the rush to test everyone will accomplish in the end. 

Problem is people who aren’t deemed “vulnerable” or “at risk” are dying from this.  Not as large of numbers but it’s happening all over. An infant died in Chicago yesterday from this. First case of that happening ever. You can’t just tell people to go about your business even if you’re not in that at risk group because people still won’t feel safe until there are means to successfully treat this.

then you have tens of millions of people who don’t even know they are at risk because they can’t afford health insurance and regular doctor check ups.

Edited by TheRumGone

4 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Not touching your face is hard for anyone.  My hands get real dirty at work and I cant stand to wear gloves, so over the years I have learned to use my forearm or back of my hand to touch my face.  If i cant get to it the way i use the inside of my shirt.

It's extra tough in pollen season.  My nose itches a lot .  Ssure it's the same for a lot of folks.

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

Would be nice if they could get enough test kits. We need to see who has and hasnt been infected no matter the symptoms.   

I see your point, but you could test negative one day and positive the next. So, the same guidelines need to be in place. I assume everyone outside my home has it.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I see your point, but you could test negative one day and positive the next. So, the same guidelines need to be in place. I assume everyone outside my home has it.

But if you tested positive then you would would know you are immune to it and move on. 

Besides a vaccine this is the only way the world can move forward. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Not touching your face is hard for anyone.  My hands get real dirty at work and I cant stand to wear gloves, so over the years I have learned to use my forearm or back of my hand to touch my face.  If i cant get to it the way i use the inside of my shirt.

To Adapt and Overcome may be tough to do but in a situation like this one it is a must do.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523

people downplaying this need to watch videos and interviews from doctors that work in the ER. This is just the beginning. This lady is probably going to get fired for going public with this but if this doesn’t tell you how serious this is I don’t know what else will. Healthy 30-50 year old, non smokers, no underlying health illnesses are getting really really sick. We stress our system enough and a lot of people in this age range will die. Healthy or not. Keep in mind this doctor works at a ER in New York. She has seen it all. And she is freaked the fug out. Stay the fug home.

Edited by TheRumGone

17 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

people downplaying this need to watch videos and interviews from doctors that work in the ER. This is just the beginning. This lady is probably going to get fired for going public with this but if this doesn’t tell you how serious this is I don’t know what else will. Healthy 30-50 year old, non smokers, no underlying health illnesses are getting really really sick. We stress our system enough and a lot of people in this age range will die. Healthy or not. Keep in mind this doctor works at a ER in New York. She has seen it all. And she is freaked the fug out. Stay the fug home.

I can’t believe people are still downplaying this virus. Y’all better believe college football and NFL seasons are in jeopardy this year. 

3 hours ago, stirs said:

You are missing the fact that a lot of infected "no risk group" survived thanks to treatment. And no country in the world has capacity to treat even a fraction of the sever cases if we just let it run lose. 

Your point assumes it is safe for everyone in non risk groups without treatment. Do you want to risk the lives of tens or even hundreds of thousands on that assumption? 

Edited by Thorrez