• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 hours ago, 4Corners said:

As I’ve said before, I really think college FB is in danger. Especially when you have idiot coaches like Dabo and Gundy willing to jeopardize the student athletes. Not a good look. 

Oh, look...

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2020/04/06/coronavirus-clemson-sc-mulling-options-enforce-social-distancing-private-property-after-party/2953165001/

7 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

Welcome to my ignore list Shufdog. I don't even want to quote that garbage it's so stupid.

Damn, lighten up man! Everything doesn't have to be so serious and doom and gloom all of the time.

Edited by Shufdog

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly have no idea how science ever became a political issue.

Actually, yeah I do. A lot of people are really, REALLY fuging stupid.

I don’t mind science being in politics.

Why not? Religion has fueled politics for decades.

people can’t fathom a black president or female when it happens...they think that shows progression, but it doesn’t. 

is progression not hating/discriminating someone for the way they entered the world? Sounds like common sense.

Now an American president that isn’t Christian? Won’t be see it in my lifetime, bet on it. Why? because that’s not how someone was born, that’s a choice.

Not hating/discrimination someone for a choice they make? Much much harder. Especially when involves ‘eternity’. Faith make people do some fuging crazy poo. Science For the most part doesn’t. So yea I’m ok with science.

6 hours ago, Icege said:

No thank you on the Swedish model.

Data below:

Population of Sweden: 10.23M
Swedish COVID-19 cases: 9,141 
Deaths: 793
Percentage of infected: 0.09%
Death rate: 8.7%

Population of US: 327.2M
USA COVID-19 cases: 434,861 
Deaths: 14,814
Percentage of infected: 0.13%
Death rate: 3.4%

Population of Italy: 60.36M
Italian COVID-19 cases: 139,422
Deaths: 17,669
Percentage of infected: 0.2%
Death rate: 12.7%

Population of South Korea: 51.47M
SK COVID-19 cases: 10,423
Deaths: 204
Percentage of infected: 0.02%
Death rate: 2%

Population of Germany: 83.02M
German COVID-19 cases: 113,296
Deaths: 2,280
Percentage of infected: 0.14%

Population of New Zealand: 4.794M
NZ COVID-19 cases: 1,239
Deaths: 1
Percentage of infected: 0.03%
Death rate: 0.08%

Best-to-Worst Infection Rates:
1. South Korea
2. New Zealand
3. Sweden
4. USA
5. Germany
6. Italy

Best-to-Worst Death Rates:
1. New Zealand
2. Germany/South Korea 
4. USA
5. Sweden
6. Italy

I'd much rather we had followed South Korea's model, but that required early and frequent testing which the administration went out of their way to prevent. New Zealand is worth looking into, despite being a remote island nation. Australia has similar percentages, and both nations are closer to the epicenter of the pandemic. 

Did you calculate the % of infected and deaths, yourself?

Because those numbers you have there, it would be comparing apple's and oranges or something. 

About the Swedish numbers:

The % of infected is not accurate because its mostly only people whom are getting hospital treatment that is being tested. People who aren't so sick that they need treatment are urged to stay home for self treatment. And people follow that advice.

And the death number can not be used to see how well the healthcare system is treating people, because not all people end up at ICU or the hospital before dying.

And there is still an overcapacity of ICU so the healthcare system has not been overrun but we will see in 2-3 weeks for Stockholm and then 5-6 weeks for the rest of the country.

About social distancing. People stay at home for the most part voluntarily. The ones that keep insisting of going out for no reason, yeah, that seems to be the old people. The one that really should stay home. Makes me a little mad.

I took the train two days last week because of work. About 5 people on the train. Normally we are talking about 100-200 people. This morning my twin traveled on the train, normally there is 450 people on that train, barely anyone. He sat alone in one of the six carts.

I think our unemployment numbers are reaching 9-10%. And they predict that our GDP could take a big hit of maybe minus 4%. But some say it could be as bad as 8%.

7 hours ago, Icege said:

No thank you on the Swedish model.

Data below:

Population of Sweden: 10.23M
Swedish COVID-19 cases: 9,141 
Deaths: 793
Percentage of infected: 0.09%
Death rate: 8.7%

Population of US: 327.2M
USA COVID-19 cases: 434,861 
Deaths: 14,814
Percentage of infected: 0.13%
Death rate: 3.4%

Population of Italy: 60.36M
Italian COVID-19 cases: 139,422
Deaths: 17,669
Percentage of infected: 0.2%
Death rate: 12.7%

Population of South Korea: 51.47M
SK COVID-19 cases: 10,423
Deaths: 204
Percentage of infected: 0.02%

Population of Germany: 83.02M
German COVID-19 cases: 113,296
Deaths: 2,280
Percentage of infected: 0.14%

Population of New Zealand: 4.794M
NZ COVID-19 cases: 1,239
Deaths: 1
Percentage of infected: 0.03%
Death rate: 0.08%

Best-to-Worst Infection Rates:
1. South Korea
2. New Zealand
3. Sweden
4. USA
5. Germany
6. Italy

Best-to-Worst Death Rates:
1. New Zealand
2. Germany/South Korea 
4. USA
5. Sweden
6. Italy

I'd much rather we had followed South Korea's model, but that required early and frequent testing which the administration went out of their way to prevent. New Zealand is worth looking into, despite being a remote island nation. Australia has similar percentages, and both nations are closer to the epicenter of the pandemic. 

New Zealand offers very little value to most other countries.  It's too unique of a situation.

9 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I emphatically guarantee if there was a different president at the helm. This never would have happened and we would not be experiencing what we are now. 

So if the President of China ran the US, this wouldn't have happened? Or Italy?

I emphatically guarantee your opinion is never going to be fact. Ever.

• Pie 1