• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Regardless of who was in the White House, this stuff was coming here and due to the size of our population and geographical size of our country, testing was going to be a giant PITA. BUT, our federal government certainly put us in the most unprepared state we could've possible been in, that's for sure.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Regardless of who was in the White House, this stuff was coming here and due to the size of our population and geographical size of our country, testing was going to be a giant PITA. BUT, our federal government certainly put us in the most unprepared state we could've possible been in, that's for sure.

“But over January and February, agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services not only failed to make early use of the hundreds of labs across the United States, they enforced regulatory roadblocks that prevented non-government labs from assisting, according to documents obtained by CNN, and interviews with 14 scientists and physicians at individual laboratories and national laboratory associations.”

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

“But over January and February, agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services not only failed to make early use of the hundreds of labs across the United States, they enforced regulatory roadblocks that prevented non-government labs from assisting, according to documents obtained by CNN, and interviews with 14 scientists and physicians at individual laboratories and national laboratory associations.”

Yep, as unprepared as possible.

It was going to hit us one way or the other, but we ensured that it would hit us as hard or harder than anyone else in the world.

I'm not defending our federal government's failure in any way, shape, or form.

7 minutes ago, stirs said:

You guys aren't far from Trump.

Best it's ever been

Worst its ever been.

Like nobody has a 40 yd line, just end zones.  The absolutes are tiring.

In this analogy the federal preparation/response would be like scoring a touchdown... in their own endzone.

Edited by Harbingers

5 minutes ago, stirs said:

You guys aren't far from Trump.

Best it's ever been

Worst its ever been.

Like nobody has a 40 yd line, just end zones.  The absolutes are tiring.

There's a global pandemic. Unemployment rates are soaring. The economy is in a free fall. No one has any idea of when we'll be able to return to any sort of normalcy, both in everyday life and economically.

Yeah, it's as bad as it's been in my 37 years.

2 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

So if the President of China ran the US, this wouldn't have happened? Or Italy?

I emphatically guarantee your opinion is never going to be fact. Ever.

Agree his opinion would never be fact. But lets look at what the president said and tell me honestly his comnents and attitude didnt impact the pandemic in the US negatively. My God man he was informed in January.

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

February 28: “Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that, right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa.” “They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.”

March 10: "It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

March 13: National Emergency Declaration

March 13: “I don't take responsibility at all”

March 16: "I give myself a 10 out of 10" stars

Edited by Bytes
  • Pie 5

4 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Not quoting the wall of text, but he said "If anybody else was President, this wouldn't have happened".

All of the denial, claims of fake news, utter refusal to do anything to prepare the country, and spiking the football in victory as the pandemic was growing exponentially with his hometown playing the role of ground zero? Yeah, you're probably right.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All of the denial, claims of fake news, and utter refusal to do anything to prepare the country? Yeah, you're probably right.

I emphatically guarantee if there was a different president at the helm. This never would have happened and we would not be experiencing what we are now. 

This never would have happened

Both parties control and have ALL the power in certain areas, they all "failed". Both sides made comments in January, February that it wasnt that big of a deal. I at least see effort form one side, the other cannot do much other than comment on the other side.

pulling the prisoners GIF 

12 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I emphatically guarantee if there was a different president at the helm. This never would have happened and we would not be experiencing what we are now. 

Ehhh idk.  People are going to people.

We will ignore guidelines and still strap 63 boats together on lake's and boob luge cause virus ain't gunna kill us.

That happens no matter who is in charge.  Could we have been more prepared?  Always but the other factor is many people have to first touch the stove to realize its hot.

56 minutes ago, Bytes said:

Agree his opinion would never be fact. But lets look at what the president said and tell me honestly his comnents and attitude didnt impact the pandemic in the US negatively. My God man he was informed in January.

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

February 28: “Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that, right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa.” “They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.”

March 10: "It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

March 13: National Emergency Declaration

March 13: “I don't take responsibility at all”

March 16: "I give myself a 10 out of 10" stars

If we come out of this situation far better than was projected the government takes some credit....I guess with aiding with supply's where needed but the american people deserve a round of applause.  Once again as we have shown over the years we can walk and whoop ass at the same time.  The people beat it, not the GOV.