• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Things cant go back to the way it was anytime soo, but I feel some of the restrictions could be lessened.  Non essential bussiness that do not deal directly with public should be allowed to operate carefully.  Retail should operate with the same restrictions that grocery stores have.  People should be forced to wear masks in public. Entertainment businesses should remain closed. Resturants continue the way it is now. Large gathering places like Malls and theatres remain closed.  Mass transit remains closed. 

8 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

Lol... It’s just the flu!!  AMIRITE?!!  

You actually might be very close.

What would the seasonal flu look like each year with "no flu shot"?  Probably like the coronavirus.

Seasonal flu takes 20-60k each year in the US, and that is with the flu shot.

5 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Things cant go back to the way it was anytime soo, but I feel some of the restrictions could be lessened.  Non essential bussiness that do not deal directly with public should be allowed to operate carefully.  Retail should operate with the same restrictions that grocery stores have.  People should be forced to wear masks in public. Entertainment businesses should remain closed. Resturants continue the way it is now. Large gathering places like Malls and theatres remain closed.  Mass transit remains closed. 

Why would you open retail and not allow restaurants to reopen at half capacity? I didn’t realize mass transit was closed,

I’m concerned that we are losing sight of the original purpose of social distancing to begin with.  We were told that the hospitals needed to ensure they had adequate surge capacity to deal with corona cases.  We are seeing empty hospitals nationwide.  Now it seems like the policy has shifted to “no one can die from this.” People are being gaslighted for wanting to actually earn a living.  We knew all along this would still be with us after the first wave.  It’s time to move on. 

• Pie 1

You hate to think selfishness plays a part sometimes in the perceived benevolent headlines for some companies.  But I did hear a few are publicizing their PPE efforts mainly so they can stay open and continue running their regular line products.  I actually know a couple of them.

8 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

So big thing in US... all professional athletes are under contract and required to get paid during this outbreak.  For example... NFL team pays players on average of 170M per season (excluding staff).  There are 32 teams...  NFL might make no money but will require to pay salaries in billions.  That’s not sustainable. I know multiple soccer teams in Europe that have been around of almost century are going bankrupt due to player and staff salaries.

I am not so sure this is true.  The NBA for example said they had an "out" from paying players because games were cancelled.  They paid them to start April but could trigger it with the next paychecks due...from what they are saying.  I am sure the NBA isn't the only league with that language in their CBA.

3 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I am not so sure this is true.  The NBA for example said they had an "out" from paying players because games were cancelled.  They paid them to start April but could trigger it with the next paychecks due...from what they are saying.  I am sure the NBA isn't the only league with that language in their CBA.

Ok, that’s good to know. European soccer is different.

3 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

I’m concerned that we are losing sight of the original purpose of social distancing to begin with.  We were told that the hospitals needed to ensure they had adequate surge capacity to deal with corona cases.  We are seeing empty hospitals nationwide.  Now it seems like the policy has shifted to “no one can die from this.” People are being gaslighted for wanting to actually earn a living.  We knew all along this would still be with us after the first wave.  It’s time to move on. 

In case people have not noticed, it's election year.  This means that everything will be headlines, everything will be politicized, and that is if we start back to work or we stay at home.  All sides meet regularly to discuss public opinion.  Fear of depression on one side, fear of certain death on the other side.  Common sense, which is not to be used, is actually what is needed most.  Science is even being politicized now with "models"

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

This 100%. Everything I’ve read (cdc, Harvard researches, etc) says this isn’t going away and 40%+ of the population will eventually get it. 

We just need to do what we can to prevent overwhelming hospital capacity. 

Many areas are already there, so how do we let people get back to normal with some restrictions.

Waiting for the infection number to reach zero is stupid since that isn’t happening.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Well, we also don't want a second wave like the Spanish flu.