• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

33 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Let's start with 2 basic questions, just as an example.

1. How are each of the 15 of you going to get into the building?  Do you have 15 separate entrances?  Did you hire someone to wipe down the entrance after every person?

2. Should we talk about what happens when you have to go to the bathroom?

Obviously there's more, but those should tide your brain over for a little bit.  We have 5,000 sq ft for 11 of us, and that reality hit us.  Its a good thing that this isn't quite as contagious and deadly as the movies.

Just put hand sanitizer on the other side of the door and wash your hands after u go to the bathroom.  Not rocket science

• Beer 2

23 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Well for starters on any given day there doesn't need to be more than 6 of us in the office.

Our HR/Office Manager is a professional germaphobe and has committed a significant portion of her time to wiping down surfaces even when the office was closed in case someone needed to come in and grab something.  Are we a BSL-4 office? No.  But as things go we are a pretty damned clean office.

People have to own their part to play when it comes to hand washing and being mindful of touching their faces.

and the kicker is this...

We are a tech company and anyone who wants to work from home can and our policies permit that.

But its incumbent on me and a few others as the leadership team to provide a working environment where people feel safe when they are ready to come back to the office.

So no real answer for 2 starting questions.  You are going back to the office, despite the risks.  It is what it is.  You've got 2 things going for you:

1. You will take some precautions, even though its impossible to be completely safe from eachother.

2. This thing isn't as contagious and deadly as some want to advertise it as.

I will be going back to work once they allow me to as well, and I will also be enjoying parts of the city when they open up.  Just like you, I will assess the amount of risk and pick and choose which ones I feel are worth it.  I'm just using a few posts to point out that you aren't going back to the office because its suddenly a magical place free from risk, its just a risk you are willing to take and try to mitigate the best you can.  Its called getting on with your life.

I think the CDC and government in general have missed the mark on the antibodies testing.  Why keep testing folks over and over to see if they have the test, when you can keep a huge portion of the country out of the testing mode by letting them know they are immune.  Plus, when going back to work, it would be nice to know who is not going to be contagious.

How many billions of tests are we going to do without really pushing for the antibodies tests.  I have been whining about it for weeks, but I suppose they will get around to it.......some day.  I do read that NY is going to start soon.  It will be the game changer we have been waiting on.

It is the only thing that takes the guesswork out of this episode.

Getting tested negative for the virus seems to be good for only that moment. 3 days later or 3 hours later, you might be positive

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I'm going to assume you are joking and don't really think that's "safe."

What do you think, its waiting outside your door and will jump on you? Its a virus, hand washing social distancing will keep you safe.

4 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I'm going to assume you are joking and don't really think that's "safe."

As someone who currently is required to go into work.  What you are asking for is impossible. 

I work on around a 12000sq ft floor. 

They have cleaners constantly cleaning the bathrooms and have hand sanitizer stations throughout the floor.

First thing we get done is a temperature check.

We a spacing every other desk.

Each person coming in wipes down their desk.

We have been doing this since the first part of April. 

Currently no positive test in our office but a scare which resulted in some desk being deep cleaned. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Yeah fug you.  Those are real answers to your questions.

1. We will take all precautions we can.  Ill wipe the floor with you if you try to paint me as some profit motivated capitalist only concerned with our bottom line. The health and well being of the folks who work under me are paramount to me.

2. You making assumptions about how contagious I think the virus is is just you being an ass and trying to score internet points.  I closed our offices 2 weeks before the state mandated it and 1 weeks before we knew one of our owns family was afflicted by COVID-19. I/we knew how bad this was.

Many of us have been working this whole time.  Its just a virus, keep your hands clean and keep your distance is about all you can do.  I think some people just dont want to go back to work.

Honestly with the virus the ups truck seems relatively safe.  I can work it to where I come in contact with no one all day long.  Biggest thing is keeping my hands clean and off my face.  That gets harder the hotter it gets.  Keep wanting to wipe sweat.

Edited by motocross_cat
  • Beer 1

42 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

Honestly with the virus the ups truck seems relatively safe.  I can work it to where I come in contact with no one all day long.  Biggest thing is keeping my hands clean and off my face.  That gets harder the hotter it gets.  Keep wanting to wipe sweat.

We have to go into old peoples homes every day. There's Purell everywhere, and I use it every time I touch anything. Wipe your face with a towel.

21 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

We have to go into old peoples homes every day. There's Purell everywhere, and I use it every time I touch anything. Wipe your face with a towel.

Yea I keep one in the cab but it's a tough habit to break.  I'll touch my forehead and immediately say you dumbass.