• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

4 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

They ramped up production of masks.  

Good.

4 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I like that answer and I agree.

There needs to be other requirements that are guidelines like osha stuff where places that are frequented like grocery stores and pharmacies to protect the public and the workers. They need to be audited like regular but with these new guidelines in place.

also those that can do their jobs from home remain home. I’ve already read stories of companies requiring workers to come back to work when they can easily do their jobs from home. 

this is just a handful of things off the top of my head. This should be the new normal going forward.

3 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

Working from home will be fine until employers catch on to all the nonsense their employees are doing while they are supposed to be "working".  

As long as they’re getting the job done who cares. This is a pandemic.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, TheRumGone said:

Bingo. The majority of the people working from home are likely salaried anyway. As long as the job is getting done, who cares?

It's not like there isn't a ton of time wasted in a typical office setting with small talk and interruptions from coworkers anyway.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Should add this does not apply to everyone.  However I'm seeing alot of people posting things on their social media showing them partying it up on tuesday with captions like " ha ha omg work life".  I mean how stupid can you be.  

Edited by motocross_cat
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

Should add this does not apply to everyone.  However I'm seeing alot of people posting things on their social media showing them partying it up on tuesday with captions like " ha ha omg work life".  I mean how stupid can you be.  

Yeah, it's stupid but again... as long as the job is getting done, who cares?

Just now, Icege said:

What is the acceptable death rate to institute shelter-in-place practices?

Also, is it the death rate or total number of deaths that matters?

There's no black and white answers there. We constantly have infectious diseases circulating in our population that WILL result in deaths.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

There's no black and white answers there. We constantly have infectious diseases circulating in our population that WILL result in deaths.

Thought this was the TB thread and edited it since that seemed the more appropriate CV thread for the question

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

Thought this was the TB thread and edited it since that seemed the more appropriate CV thread for the question

I thought it was a fair question. I mean, we are basically trying to strike a balance between managing loss of life and managing economic devastation. I'm not sure there is a clear cut right or wrong answer.

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I thought it was a fair question. I mean, we are basically trying to strike a balance between managing loss of life and managing economic devastation. I'm not sure there is a clear cut right or wrong answer.

Works for me. Putting it back then

57 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bingo. The majority of the people working from home are likely salaried anyway. As long as the job is getting done, who cares?

It's not like there isn't a ton of time wasted in a typical office setting with small talk and interruptions from coworkers anyway.

I remember when I had my first review as a salaried employee.  Back then I had a nice little side gig after work, so I had to run errands and stuff during my lunch hour, which meant my lunch hour sometimes ended up being 90 minutes or more.  My Senior Manager brought this up to the Vice President (who does the review) and the VP said "well is he getting his job done?"  The Senior Manager said yes.  The VP said "so why does it matter?"  Then moved on to the next thing on the list. LOL

My mom's job got "sent home" by a supervisor that didn't like her.  She thought it would end badly for my mom, but my mom loved working from home so it backfired.  But my mom was still hourly, and the supervisor was "worried" that she wasn't actually working the entire day.  As you said, she wouldn't have been working for every dollar if she were at the office, so as long as she does her job...who cares?  The supervisor changed her pay structure, and instead of paying her hourly she found a way to pay her for what she produced.  This also backfired, because my mom was able to get an entire day's worth of production done in half of a day, so she picked up side work and made more money than she ever did working in the office.

• Pie 1