• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

For the fiftieth time we're barely testing anybody

As of 11 AM today the DHHS reports that NC has tested 186,362 people or about 1.8% of the state population:

https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/covid19/covid-19-nc-case-count

We don't have an accurate number of infection people.  Completely misleading bs argument.

Likely the exact reason Trump doesn't want testing widespread. He knows it will  not look good. 

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, ShowMeThe$ said:

Likely the exact reason Trump doesn't want testing widespread. He knows it will  not look good. 

Maybe someday there will be a joint research project between Harvard and Johns Hopkins or Stanford or one of the other big schools with a respected epidemiology program that can provide a ballpark figure for the actual number of people who were infected/died.  But we'll likely never know for sure.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, ShowMeThe$ said:

Most people will try to take advantage of the ill informed, reactionary public.  But, whether or not Trump is a loud mouth, or Obama is cool and calm, or Bush is folksy, or Clinton bites his lip, there is not much any of them could have done on this other than take some precautions.  People will use a crisis for their advantage, especially in an election year.  You and Bull and 4 Corners and most others that want to be political, are not very concerned with the virus at all.  It is just a time to grind your ax.  You can argue all day that he should have done something quicker, but then Dems were criticizing the moves.  Most Pols automatically land on the other side of every argument based on the D and R.

These are just societal facts in a Democracy and especially one that is in an election year.  This type of stuff is all the better in the Tinderbox.

There, they hope each other dies, wish you would die, hope you do things that kill you.  It is a right respectable place, if you are into that type stuff.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

Most people will try to take advantage of the ill informed, reactionary public.  But, whether or not Trump is a loud mouth, or Obama is cool and calm, or Bush is folksy, or Clinton bites his lip, there is not much any of them could have done on this other than take some precautions.  People will use a crisis for their advantage, especially in an election year.  You and Bull and 4 Corners and most others that want to be political, are not very concerned with the virus at all.  It is just a time to grind your ax.  You can argue all day that he should have done something quicker, but then Dems were criticizing the moves.  Most Pols automatically land on the other side of every argument based on the D and R.

These are just societal facts in a Democracy and especially one that is in an election year.  This type of stuff is all the better in the Tinderbox.

There, they hope each other dies, wish you would die, hope you do things that kill you.  It is a right respectable place, if you are into that type stuff.

You don't know me. Im neither Rep or Dem. I just want a leader of this country with some morals and intelligence that leads. So try not judging someone when you don't know them.

15 minutes ago, stirs said:

Well said

I don’t know why people bother debating politics. If you are a GOP guy then you do no wrong and the other side are complete idiots. If you are a DNC person, then your side does no wrong and the other side are complete idiots.

neither can be swayed, and just take pleasure throwing mud at each other.

everyone is just centered on whatever wants they have with very little compromise and it’s all driven by emotion.

down with politics.

• Pie 4

44 minutes ago, JARROD said:

I don’t know why people bother debating politics. If you are a GOP guy then you do no wrong and the other side are complete idiots. If you are a DNC person, then your side does no wrong and the other side are complete idiots.

everyone is just centered on whatever wants they have with very little compromise and it’s all driven by emotion.

down with politics.

There are plenty of us who can engage in moderate debate. What I have seen in the world and in the Tinderbox is that part of the right has become so nasty that many on the left have given up and just throw the same tactics back. There are several folks in the TB who used to let the vitriol slide but now its black and white.

17 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

There are plenty of us who can engage in moderate debate. What I have seen in the world and in the Tinderbox is that part of the right has become so nasty that many on the left have given up and just throw the same tactics back. There are several folks in the TB who used to let the vitriol slide but now its black and white.

Your response to how partisans see everything as the the other sides fault is "we moderates see that it's all their fault." LOL

As complicated as politics seem, in many ways they relate back to the story of the squirrel who didn't collect any food, and winter has come.  How someone see's what should happen to that squirrel says alot about their politics.

2 hours ago, JARROD said:

down with politics.

This is true. I can not think of one friend or family that has changed in 20+ years. They all know I avoid the topic best I can, cause its pointless if your going to defend wrong. This 19 virus is just another tool being used to further divide the two groups. I swear it feels like this.....just the whole country is 50/50 and its like worst thing happening.  Its like some group years ago wanted to destroy USA and started a plan. Its working. 

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, Basbear said:

This is true. I can not think of one friend or family that has changed in 20+ years. They all know I avoid the topic best I can, cause its pointless if your going to defend wrong. This 19 virus is just another tool being used to further divide the two groups. I swear it feels like this.....just the whole country is 50/50 and its like worst thing happening.  Its like some group years ago wanted to destroy USA and started a plan. Its working. 

Scientists had been warning about a novel coronavirus emerging from China as far back as 2007.  This is new to the layperson but it didn't come out of left field at all.

This thread has veered back into this direction again so I might as well say that I think the topic is inherently political, and unless you're talking strictly about the hard scientific aspects of it you can't avoid it.  The actors in our federal government who craft our pandemic strategy are either partisans themselves or were appointed by partisans like the President.  This is a large scale, high stakes stress test of the style of governance a lot of people in this country want.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield

4 hours ago, ShowMeThe$ said:

You don't know me. Im neither Rep or Dem. I just want a leader of this country with some morals and intelligence that leads. So try not judging someone when you don't know them.

You could be right, might have judged too quickly.  You just seemed to be following the same path as so many others.  My apologies.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Scientists had been warning about a novel coronavirus emerging from China as far back as 2007.  This is new to the layperson but it didn't come out of left field at all.

This thread has veered back into this direction again so I might as well say that I think the topic is inherently political, and unless you're talking strictly about the hard scientific aspects of it you can't avoid it.  The actors in our federal government who craft our pandemic strategy are either partisans themselves or were appointed by partisans like the President.  This is a large scale, high stakes stress test of the style of governance a lot of people in this country want.

Meh, Fauci has been there forever and would have been crafting the same policy if the pandemic had happened to Clinton, Bush, Obama and now Trump.  The cheerleading would have been different, but the policy pretty much the same.  For all of Trumps blabbering, they pretty much stuck w what Fauci and Birks told them to do.  Probably as much as the other guys would have done