• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I grew up in Morganton. Yeah, Asheville is a different world now than it used to be. Still nothing compared to the Front Range transformation over the past decade.

cool I went to the north carolina school for the deaf.. love morganton.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Over a third of patients treated for COVID-19 in a large New York medical system developed acute kidney injury, and nearly 15% required dialysis, U.S. researchers reported on Thursday.

The study was conducted by a team at Northwell Health, the largest health provider in New York state.

"We found in the first 5,449 patients admitted, 36.6% developed acute kidney injury," said study co-author Dr. Kenar Jhaveri, associated chief of nephrology at Hofstra/Northwell in Great Neck, New York, whose findings were published in the journal Kidney International.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So, have anyone seen these news being reported from any credible news media? 

I ask because this is the second time I see something similiar about this specific topic. Both from a news source I never heard of before.

And according to this article, German intelligence, reported in German media... but they don't provide a link or even name any of these German news media.

Well, atleast it is not only a twitter post. 

43 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Original reporting. 

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/corona-krise-bundesregierung-zweifelt-an-us-these-zur-entstehung-des-coronavirus-a-51add7cf-96b6-4d04-a2d0-71ce27cff69c

Daily Mail cover this information in one article, if you want it in english and dont mind it coming from a piece of poo paper. 

On 5/15/2020 at 8:03 AM, BIGH2001 said:

https://www.wfae.org/post/mecklenburg-wont-release-covid-projections-after-use-model-questioned#stream/0

Mecklenburg County backtracks on chicken little model.  Modeler defends his garbage product saying you have to know when your peak is for his projection to be accurate.  

Lol. Talking about reading into an article what you want. The modeler says they aren't using it correctly and the model clearly comes with a disclaimer about what it is for. 

Not his fault some dummies in NC can't figure it out or use it properly. 

"I don't need those fuging directions. I can figure out how to put it together."