• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

Yes, but those that are not linked, should be able to go on and we work on smaller issues, like the ones that are linked.

that's fine but like i said my friend is being forced back into work or he will be fired. they know his situation. how do you stop that from happening when state governments are reopening. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

that's fine but like i said my friend is being forced back into work or he will be fired. they know his situation. how do you stop that from happening when state governments are reopening. 

How would you handle it?

Would you say, go live with your parents for awhile?  Would you do like so many and self quarantine from each other even in the same house?

The virus is not going away, it will eventually get to everyone until we build herd immunity.  Along the way, we have to find ways to protect the vulnerable.  I know some folks in GA, the only ones I know that have actually had it, where he is very very vulnerable and they lived in their own rooms for like a month.  They talked on the phone even in the same house and wiped the world down.  They made it.

25 minutes ago, stirs said:

So what.  The whole world is handling this thing so bassackwards, I am about worn out with trying to over legislate everyone and their every move.

If you are old and have health issues, stay home and watch it on the computer.  Let the rest get through it.

I am not for defying the law, but at some point, especially with the changing of info, lack of info, wrong info, hyper partisan info, you cannot expect people to just continue living their lives because Peter cried Wolf.

THIS is what happens when pols and media are more interested in the office they hold rather than the people they serve and allow themselves to manipulate the people, through the media.  People will soon not heed the idiocy

And the So What to begin with is just frustration with the new NEWS we get each day and the new and everchanging targets we are given.  Not a jab at you.  It is just one more story of "the world is going to end" by the media

This is why we're going to get mollywhopped by the second wave this fall. Over the course of the summer, the numbers will naturally tail off. More and more people will get tired of practicing social distance. More and more people will start crying wolf.

The vast majority of people are absolutely clueless that the worst of this is still ahead of us.

20 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

You don’t. There is no win win. Life is not always easy or fair. Keeping things shut down to help one person seriously hurts another. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This virus is much less contagious in warmer temperatures. It will continue to trend down over the summer. We NEED it to continue to trend down. If it doesn't, the second wave in the fall will be a helluva lot worse.

This does not make sense.

Trend down is caused by weather?  I agree.  So work like hell while you can?  Or just sit around doing nothing economically, while waiting on the inevitable when fall comes.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is why we're going to get mollywhopped by the second wave this fall. Over the course of the summer, the numbers will naturally tail off. More and more people will get tired of practicing social distance. More and more people will start crying wolf.

The vast majority of people are absolutely clueless that the worst of this is still ahead of us.

At least the 180 from this church won't have to worry this fall

9 minutes ago, stirs said:

How would you handle it?

Would you say, go live with your parents for awhile?  Would you do like so many and self quarantine from each other even in the same house?

The virus is not going away, it will eventually get to everyone until we build herd immunity.  Along the way, we have to find ways to protect the vulnerable.  I know some folks in GA, the only ones I know that have actually had it, where he is very very vulnerable and they lived in their own rooms for like a month.  They talked on the phone even in the same house and wiped the world down.  They made it.

this is what i've been trying to get at. my friends are privileged. i am privileged. they have options. i have options. you have options. many people do not have the option to go to their parents or self quarantine in the same house because they don't live in houses. they live in one bedroom apartments or studio apartments. multiple families in my sisters' neighborhood in california live under the same house. 3 families splitting rent on a house. This virus is going to ravage disenfranchised and poor/middle class communities because they don't have those options. they have to go back to work. they can't self quarantine. 

Just now, stirs said:

This does not make sense.

Trend down is caused by weather?  I agree.  So work like hell while you can?  Or just sit around doing nothing economically, while waiting on the inevitable when fall comes.

I'm not saying keep everything locked down. But avoiding crowds? Absolutely. Wearing masks when in public? Yeah. Making an effort to maintain social distancing when and where possible? Yeah. 

We want the numbers to be as low as possible going into next fall. We hit over a million confirmed cases starting at halftime with zero. We'll be staring down the barrel of a full season starting with a helluva lot more than zero starting next fall. This is why second waves are worse.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

this is what i've been trying to get at. my friends are privileged. i am privileged. they have options. i have options. you have options. many people do not have the option to go to their parents or self quarantine in the same house because they don't live in houses. they live in one bedroom apartments or studio apartments. multiple families in my sisters' neighborhood in california live under the same house. 3 families splitting rent on a house. This virus is going to ravage disenfranchised and poor/middle class communities because they don't have those options. they have to go back to work. they can't self quarantine. 

I think in the end, we will find that this virus does what other virus' do.  They ravage the elderly with underlying health conditions no matter how privileged.

• Pie 1

Just now, TheRumGone said:

it's not one person. it's millions of people. 

Ok? Keeping things shut down helps millions of people but also hurts millions of people. 

There is no perfect solution. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not saying keep everything locked down. But avoiding crowds? Absolutely. Wearing masks when in public? Yeah. Making an effort to maintain social distancing when and where possible? Yeah. 

We want the numbers to be as low as possible going into next fall. We hit over a million confirmed cases starting at halftime with zero. We'll be staring down the barrel of a full season starting with a helluva lot more than zero starting next fall. This is why second waves are worse.

From a strategic standpoint, not a humanitarian one, you'd want the hospitals at 90%-100% capacity the entire summer, would you not?

Of course a vaccine might make the difference

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I was called delusional yesterday for basically saying this same thing. 

We can keep these types of practices in place while also opening a lot of businesses. Yes, bars and restaurants are screwed, but we can let other people get back to work.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, stirs said:

I think in the end, we will find that this virus does what other virus' do.  They ravage the elderly with underlying health conditions no matter how privileged.

privileged people have options to keep as safe as possible. and it's not just the elderly who are getting extremely sick.