• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

16 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Ok? Keeping things shut down helps millions of people but also hurts millions of people. 

There is no perfect solution. 

i never said there was. but people need to be cognizant of realities outside their bubbles.

this started with stirs suggesting we separate vulnerable populations from others. i said that was impossible. 

i never said we shouldn't reopen. most rational people see both sides of the situation. but we have been going about this horribly from the jump and the people who are going to be most affected by this are the disenfranchised poor/middle class who HAVE to work no matter what. 

Edited by TheRumGone

25 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

i never said there was. but people need to be cognizant of realities outside their bubbles.

this started with stirs suggesting we separate vulnerable populations from others. i said that was impossible. 

i never said we shouldn't reopen. most rational people see both sides of the situation. but we have been going about this horribly from the jump and the people who are going to be most affected by this are the disenfranchised poor/middle class who HAVE to work no matter what. 

The "disenfranchised/poor/middle class" might come out smelling like a rose unless they are old, (which means they are probably retired).

Those healthy enough to work, are probably in one of the safer groups.  Don't think hiding because you have millions, will be the ultimate answer to the question.  The question is, are you over 65 and in poor health?  If so, you have reason to worry, disenfranchised or not.

3 minutes ago, stirs said:

The "disenfranchised/poor/middle class" might come out smelling like a rose unless they are old, (which means they are probably retired).

Those healthy enough to work, are probably in one of the safer groups.  Don't think hiding because you have millions, will be the ultimate answer to the question.  The question is, are you over 65 and in poor health?  If so, you have reason to worry, disenfranchised or not.

NYC paints a different story about who is ending up in the ICU

So the frail die without a vaccine and now the "disenfranchised" starve?  This is why we are arguing against the whole WHO and Fauci plan.  It seemed to be looking only so far ahead.  It is pretty much what the world did, so I guess we will see how the world handles food shortages now

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-18/smashing-eggs-dumping-milk-farmers-waste-more-food-than-ever

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

image.thumb.jpeg.6bbc7dda4427f76bc4f71758f68dca63.jpeg

For most, the rush to judgement is that you are too stupid to understand and too heartless to care.  Common sense be damned.

"caring" for whatever someone else chooses it to look like, is all that counts

• Beer 1

I'm a medical coder that codes primarily for ICU providers. It's true the majority of the notes I see for patients with Covid are over 60. However it's not all of them. I've seen a handful of people in their 40s and younger, not all of whom have preexisting conditions. It's rare for a perfectly healthy non senior to have a bad case, but it's not impossible. Everyone is potentially at risk just some demographics are far more likely than others.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, CarolinaSock said:

I'm a medical coder that codes primarily for ICU providers. It's true the majority of the notes I see for patients with Covid are over 60. However it's not all of them. I've seen a handful of people in their 40s and younger, not all of whom have preexisting conditions. It's rare for a perfectly healthy non senior to have a bad case, but it's not impossible. Everyone is potentially at risk just some demographics are far more likely than others.

So we are now shutting down society because someone gets sick?  I don't think that was the original aim.

Deaths are what we were trying to avoid.  If all of a sudden we are trying to keep the world from getting sick, then we have veered waaay off the path.  As with any virus or flu, people are SUPPOSED to get sick.  We knew this from the bits and pcs we got from China in early Feb, and all we know from centuries of dealing with the flu and virus infections.  We knew who it was going to affect, and it did just that.

• Pie 1

When did this Virus turn to fear? The Flu still exist, many people, still... do not take the Vaccine. Yet, people are not social distancing from it. HIV exist, yet people are not social distancing, just taking precautions. Many Virus exist, that we live with everyday. Why is this one so different? Sure, it is going to kill people, that is what a Virus does. Lets move on with our lives. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Any comparison to HIV is just incredibly dense. HIV is only contagious through direct contact with bodily fluids. COVID will likely prove to be 5-7x more deadly than the common flu and likely twice as contagious.

It killed as many as a bad flu season starting at halftime with a score of zero. Give it a full season when it starts with an already established foothold in every state and then come talk.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Devil Doc said:

When did this Virus turn to fear? The Flu still exist, many people, still... do not take the Vaccine. Yet, people are not social distancing from it. HIV exist, yet people are not social distancing, just taking precautions. Many Virus exist, that we live with everyday. Why is this one so different? Sure, it is going to kill people, that is what a Virus does. Lets move on with our lives. 

Our immune systems are built to handle the flu.  Coronavirus is completely new virus which catches immune system by surprise.  The virus is extremely tricky and tricks immune system into attacking itself.  It takes immune system over a week to figure out the virus and begin to destroy it. Unfortunately, only healthy people have strong enough immune system to last over a week.

That kind of talk comes only from a very ignorant person.  You sir are an asshole.

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

This one is different because its 10x deadlier and 10x more infectious compared to the flu which is a deadly combo. I do agree with moving on with our lives tho. We just gotta be more aware with distancing and washing your hands before you eat. 

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, stirs said:

So we are now shutting down society because someone gets sick?  I don't think that was the original aim.

Deaths are what we were trying to avoid.  If all of a sudden we are trying to keep the world from getting sick, then we have veered waaay off the path.  As with any virus or flu, people are SUPPOSED to get sick.  We knew this from the bits and pcs we got from China in early Feb, and all we know from centuries of dealing with the flu and virus infections.  We knew who it was going to affect, and it did just that.

If memory serves, the original purpose of the lockdown was keep the Hospitals from getting overwhelmed as happened in Italy.  There were a number of news articles about it in March.  Also, they wanted to give manufacturing a chance to catch up with the critical need for medical equipment.  

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article241337291.html

Cooper said Thursday he’s not ready to order “shelter in place” measures. He wants to focus on getting medical centers the resources they need first.

“We know we are going to have many more patients,” Cooper said. “So making sure that we are mobilizing our resources to ramp up our ability to take care of people. We’ve got to focus on that.”

Edited by Davidson Deac II