• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Midland, Michigan just had a couple of dam breaks that for some unthinkable reason were to be managed by HOAs that just ignored them. 10,000 people ordered to evacuate. Going to be close to ten feet of water just washing a town away. 

There's a nuclear powered DOW chemical plant downstream of it. 

During a pandemic. 

You couldn't write that. 

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Midland, Michigan just had a couple of dam breaks that for some unthinkable reason were to be managed by HOAs that just ignored them. 10,000 people ordered to evacuate. Going to be close to ten feet of water just washing a town away. 

There's a nuclear powered DOW chemical plant downstream of it. 

During a pandemic. 

You couldn't write that. 

Jesus, its like a perfect storm of happenings - kinda like what happened in Fukushima.

1 hour ago, cookinbrak said:

Michigan is screwed. See how high numbers jump today.

Not to worry, Trump is on Twitter talking about Michigan - but not about the virus or the dams breaking. He's raging about "voter fraud" because the state is mailing out absentee ballots.

10 minutes ago, stirs said:

And then there is the virus, that we are supposed to be discussing

Oh it's very much topical.  If we're going to safely conduct an election in November amidst a pandemic we should consider vote-by-mail.  I know I am but that's because anybody can vote absentee in North Carolina and you don't need a reason.

I think the chief executive of the United States having a sloppy meltdown over it is germane.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
no idea where "the think" came from
  • Poo 1

45 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Oh it's very much topical.  If we're going to safely conduct an election in November amidst a pandemic we should consider vote-by-mail.  I know I am but that's because anybody can vote absentee in North Carolina and you don't need a reason.

I think the chief executive of the United States having a sloppy meltdown over it is germane.

The Whole Country Voting by mail is a bad-idea. I understand there is a few circumstances that is happens.  However, that is another topic. 

Edited by Devil Doc
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

The Whole Country Voting by mail is a bad-idea. I understand there is a few circumstances that is happens.  However, that is another topic. 

It's not going to happen that way because states run their own elections and can make their own rules, and there are several (trigger warning, politics) who are ideologically opposed to letting everybody who is eligible to vote do so.  The federal government can't force a state to adopt universal vote by mail any more than it can force them to stop.  The only way the entire country would vote that way would be if all 50 states decided to by their own volition.

5 minutes ago, bull123 said:

You are correct in that the 3 sources you list so left leaning that I do not consider them credible...but you guys say that about fox, so I’ll consider that even up

what is surprising is that those states you note allow vote by mail, and that no legal action has been taken...not by the states themselves, but by outsiders, and yes by the RNC specifically 

but I will also admit this goes both ways, as we saw down east in the recent congressional race

absentee voting is one thing, complete vote by mail just invites huge fraud, on both sides

"facts aren't facts unless I like them!"