• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

4 hours ago, Tbe said:

That house is definitely in the far outskirts of Charlotte, but it’s in a nice area. The owner of that house would have a long drive to get to anything worth doing.

Perspectives are interesting though. I would never consider that house to be a mansion. It’s all in what a person is used to.

It's nearly twice as big as anything I'd ever consider. I don't want anything over 2500 square feet. Don't want to clean it, maintain it, etc. Don't need it.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's nearly twice as big as anything I'd ever consider. I don't want anything over 2500 square feet. Don't want to clean it, maintain it, etc. Don't need it.

The closer to uptown you buy, the better your return will be. For 500k, you can get a 2500sq townhouse in south end. That area seems to be appreciating the fastest.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Eh, it sucked but if I needed it daily to perform my job I would. It's 15 seconds of discomfort follows by half an hour of a tingling in your nose. 

I've found that some good ol' fashioned high quality booger sugar 5 minutes before the test seems to take away the discomfort and tingling afterwords. Can't feel a thing. 

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Glitchh said:

Hey dog breath, here on the west side of Rockies prices have gone up a lot the past few years and properties to buy are much fewer than in the past so good luck.

But hey, we'll be neighbors. I've been a Panther's fan since Day 1.

Prices have risen for sure, but nothing like the Front Range.

16 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Only 176 new covid cases in NC.  Huge drop.

I’m skeptical that will hold, but we’ll see.

I did a little digging and realized my zip has had 34 cases total since Jan. The last reported case was weeks ago. I feel a lot better about being around my neighbors now. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Burke County alone has 50 new cases since Saturday. Gotta remember, there's an up to 14 day incubation period so pretty much all new case data is looking 1-2 weeks in the rearview.

14 is the outer limit, most will show within 5.  At what point do we say that this virus is far enough within the bounds of acceptable risk for healthy people and just learn to deal with it being out there? If the NYC experience had not occurred we would be there now IMO. 

37 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I’m skeptical that will hold, but we’ll see.

I did a little digging and realized my zip has had 34 cases total since Jan. The last reported case was weeks ago. I feel a lot better about being around my neighbors now. 

My zip is the worst in NC.  Over 1,000 cases.

2 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

14 is the outer limit, most will show within 5.  At what point do we say that this virus is far enough within the bounds of acceptable risk for healthy people and just learn to deal with it being out there? If the NYC experience had not occurred we would be there now IMO. 

New York and New Jersey alone count for nearly 1/3 of the total National deaths.  Take that into account and the rest of the country is not nearly as bad off as the it would seem.  NYC botched its response horrendously from the beginning and the optics in the National death count as a result looks a lot more ominous than had NYC handled their part better.