• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

WHO are you?  Really, the WHO that initially said this wasn't bad, to crap--the whole world is in dire straits, is now saying asymptomatic people ARE NOT VECTORS!

Wow, so this whole time we closed off the economy to healthy people was a farce.  Ugh.

Asymptomatic People are VERY Unlikely to Spread COVID-19

I cant believe folks are still afraid of this thing.  On par with other viruses, contagious but less lethal.  Look out there.  You see those crowds?  Today marks day 14 since the protests started. We should be seeing reports from all over the nation about a massive spike.  I doubt you'll hear of it tho.

2 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

That’s false.  My dad’s job they temp checked everyone who came to work and asked if anyone had symptoms.  65 got sick same day.

It does spread. At my workplace it went from a few cases to over 250 in about a week. 

Now, most of the ones who tested positive turned out to be asymptomatic. I don't there there was a single hospitalization from the entire 250+ group. Could be wrong about that.

1 hour ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

I cant believe folks are still afraid of this thing.  On par with other viruses, contagious but less lethal.  Look out there.  You see those crowds?  Today marks day 14 since the protests started. We should be seeing reports from all over the nation about a massive spike.  I doubt you'll hear of it tho.

In fairness, they also don't have free access to testing, so it might be running rampant. 

Satellite images from Whunan area hospitals show major uptick in vehicles from early September to October.  Why would these hospitals see so many more patients and require extra staff?  That's not cold and flu season yet. You have to wonder if the Chinese government sat on this for a couple of months?  If so, then this virus was here in December, not January and likely the 'bad flu' that swept through my work mid-December was this coronavirus.  Symptoms were very much in line with Covid-19.  

Satellites Images Show Whunan Hospitals Much Busier In October.

As if the importance of masks wasn’t clear before, the example of the hair salon in Missouri is a good test case.

2 stylists tested positive. They exposed around 140 people. At this point, none of those people have tested positive, and the incubation period has passed. All wore masks, including the stylists in question.

https://www.kmov.com/news/health-department-no-clients-contracted-covid-19-from-missouri-hair-salon-where-2-stylists-tested/article_cec3c4c8-678a-5b40-bc53-30d18e6dd1f6.html

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

image.png.55433c53b833133c759f1fdb79686230.pngtime to quarantine south carolina 

I wouldn't jump the gun yet.  Testing is being done more and more.  As a result there are more cases being discovered.  That doesn't necessarily mean the virus is is spreading uncontrollably again.  Only 7% of occupied hospital beds are currently being used for COVID-19 patients and still a 1/3 of hospital beds are completely vacant. 

20 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

go here and overlay NC and SC cases - NC needs to be shut down as well - taking off  like a rocket ship in  NC

https://www.kff.org/health-costs/issue-brief/state-data-and-policy-actions-to-address-coronavirus/

This is the Memorial Day spike. Get ready for the protest spike.

Regardless...

You guys need to give up the dream that this thing is going to go away. Transmissions still occurred during the first lockdown. A second lockdown won’t eradicate it either.

People are running out of money and patience. Both of those are social distancing killers.

They won’t wear masks because ‘ma freedom’, and a vaccine is unlikely to come out anytime soon. If it does, a lot of people will refuse to get it. 

If masks were required by law we’d most likely get somewhere, but that isn’t happening.

Btw...the nyc subway system reopened yesterday. That situation will be interesting to watch.

• Beer 1

My gym opened up 3 weeks ago, and the only difference is they shut down the refillable water fountains so no one could use them...

I was dedicated, went 5x a week for the past 4 years. No way in hell am I going in there. If I wanted to purposely try and get COVID the gym would be first on the list of places I’d go.

• Pie 2