• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

35 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

well in healthcare we don't talk about acceptable casualty rates so

Fair enough, but there's a reality that most people are willing to accept some risk to live their lives and to provide for their families.

55 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

well in healthcare we don't talk about acceptable casualty rates so

And this right here is the disconnect between public health officials, medical professions, and much of the public.

Zero acceptable casualty  is a great target for the medical industry. It’s not that simple when creating public policy in a free society. 

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

So if X% of the population decides to not get the vaccine, they should be fired? That’s some authoritarian poo there.

I get it for schools and healthcare workers, but jeez.

image.jpeg.5e12531ea79bf3ca48aad65bd87177e5.jpeg

The hospital system I work for requires a flu shot for every employee, whether you are actually working with patients or not unless you can get a medical/religious waiver. I've never worked in a doctors office or hospital setting and the last 2 years I've worked from home. Still required to get a flu shot.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

And this right here is the disconnect between public health officials, medical professions, and much of the public.

Zero acceptable casualty  is a great target for the medical industry. It’s not that simple when creating public policy in a free society. 

Can't believe no one has run on that "acceptable percentage of deaths" platform. 

Also the one european country that famously tried this has been predictably one of the worst struck. And they're like the healthiest country in the world. All the swedes do is play volleyball, fug, and hide nazi gold. 

11 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Can't believe no one has run on that "acceptable percentage of deaths" platform. 

We technically do that every time we elect someone who doesn’t ban driving, flying, swimming in the ocean, etc.

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

We technically do that every time we elect someone who doesn’t ban driving, flying, swimming in the ocean, etc.

Exactly.  Anything less than a full lockdown from now until eternity is admitting there is an acceptable level of death.

I wonder what the limit on acceptable death is? WWI and WWII deaths? Society moved on. Bombing of Japan? We didn't bat an eye. Vietnam? No one cares anymore. 9/11? That was such a tragedy ... back in the day we say. All these Covid deaths that aren't even the regular flu deaths? Meh, when does the NFL start? Police brutality? Won't even be a story in a couple weeks until the next death. Cancer? Yep, it happens we say.

My guess would have to be an asteroid that kills billions in one shot. Then people would care and flip the hell out and lose their minds. Rightfully so, lol. I mean, if you survived.