• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

50 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I wonder what the limit on acceptable death is? WWI and WWII deaths? Society moved on. Bombing of Japan? We didn't bat an eye. Vietnam? No one cares anymore. 9/11? That was such a tragedy ... back in the day we say. All these Covid deaths that aren't even the regular flu deaths? Meh, when does the NFL start? Police brutality? Won't even be a story in a couple weeks until the next death. Cancer? Yep, it happens we say.

My guess would have to be an asteroid that kills billions in one shot. Then people would care and flip the hell out and lose their minds. Rightfully so, lol. I mean, if you survived.

Tough call I'd assumehad we known the real death rate, we'd never slowed down. In hindsight it seems like the best approach. Also if we don't get huge spikes after these Rally's we did it wrong to begin with.

56 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I wonder what the limit on acceptable death is? WWI and WWII deaths? Society moved on. Bombing of Japan? We didn't bat an eye. Vietnam? No one cares anymore. 9/11? That was such a tragedy ... back in the day we say. All these Covid deaths that aren't even the regular flu deaths? Meh, when does the NFL start? Police brutality? Won't even be a story in a couple weeks until the next death. Cancer? Yep, it happens we say.

My guess would have to be an asteroid that kills billions in one shot. Then people would care and flip the hell out and lose their minds. Rightfully so, lol. I mean, if you survived.

Well, the real quandary is what is the value of human life in the "big picture?" We number over 7 billion by most estimates, right? So, is the value of "overall" human life as great as we are it? I'm honestly on the fence about that. Perhaps that is just being jaded by seeing what we are instead of what we could be.

3 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

An asteroid that kills billions in one shot is the extinction of humanity. The remaining survivors would die off in the next couple of years during thw impact winter. In an event like that, you'd probably be best off to get hit the damn head by the thing. Better to get the lights shutoff and never even realize it rather than starve to death in a post-apocalytic hellscape.

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

An asteroid that kills billions in one shot is the extinction of humanity. The remaining survivors would die off in the next couple of years during thw impact winter. In an event like that, you'd probably be best off to get hit the damn head by the thing. Better to get the lights shutoff and never even realize it rather than starve to death in a post-apocalytic hellscape.

This is a calculation that each person makes, with some having much more dire consequences than others.  There is a risk vs reward to living life, and that's how its always going to be.  The idea that "no life is worth X enjoyable thing" is in many ways saying that no life is worth living, and we should spend all of our time trying to extend our lives rather than enjoying it.  No thanks, Jeff.

1 minute ago, Wes21 said:

This is a calculation that each person makes, with some having much more dire consequences than others.  There is a risk vs reward to living life, and that's how its always going to be.  The idea that "no life is worth X enjoyable thing" is in many ways saying that no life is worth living, and we should spend all of our time trying to extend our lives rather than enjoying it.  No thanks, Jeff.

The absurdity of that line of thinking is very humorously summed up by the character of Dunbar in the novel Catch 22, who's entire goal is to live as long as possible, but who lives by the principle that times goes faster when you're having fun, and slower when you're bored, and therefore adopts the strategy of seeking boredom and avoiding being entertained.

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Some of you clearly have no idea what a post major asteroid strike Earth would look like. 

I’m no history major, so I don’t know. 

But, I can tell you I’m definitely not wearing a face mask. 

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So I was right. :)

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We got dis

barack obama cine GIF

• Pie 2

On 6/8/2020 at 7:05 PM, kungfoodude said:

In fairness, they also don't have free access to testing, so it might be running rampant. 

Day 16 since protests started.

Day 47 since GA began opening up.

We test more than anyone in the world.  Hell Chy-nah just said fuxk it we aint testing poo round eye. 

Outside of Wuhan, Chy-nah opened up after only 16 days.  16....  16.

We've been down since March?  r'You shittin me?