• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

speaking of masks

A GC I am working with in Houston says that OSHA is not happy with their masks because they are not designed for environments where people might sweat.  So construction guys are being advised that their masks are bad when they get wet from sweat as the virus "sticks" to it?  Really damned if you do and damned if you don't.  They said that the bandana type things are the worst, do not use.  At least that is what they are telling the construction crews.

He had one team where 16 guys tested positive but only 3 had any symptoms at all. 

21 minutes ago, stirs said:

speaking of masks

A GC I am working with in Houston says that OSHA is not happy with their masks because they are not designed for environments where people might sweat.  So construction guys are being advised that their masks are bad when they get wet from sweat as the virus "sticks" to it?  Really damned if you do and damned if you don't.  They said that the bandana type things are the worst, do not use.  At least that is what they are telling the construction crews.

He had one team where 16 guys tested positive but only 3 had any symptoms at all. 

That’s a tough situation. Working in 90+ degree heat with a mask can’t be easy. 

11 minutes ago, stirs said:

speaking of masks

This is why until a quicker, cheaper and widely available antibody test becomes available, we won't have any clue to how many people have had this.  Even then it will only be an educated guess.  Still only 2.2 million people nationwide have tested positive.  Yes, I said ONLY because that's not how many people who have contracted this disease. It's honestly some figure with a multiplier higher than that.

The 13 of the 16 that were asymptomatic is right in line with the high end of the conclusions of studies conducted I've seen highlighted in a couple articles being as high as 80%. I'm assuming since we are talking about construction workers, these people are younger and fairly healthy men.  So that is not surprising at all.

1 hour ago, stirs said:

speaking of masks

If this is coming from somebody in the know that's one thing. It certainly sounds like some assumptions and bs though.

32 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

I’m in Toyota dealership and almost no one is wearing a mask but people good 6 feet away from each other.

I've visited a handful of dealerships the past several week. Most everyone I've seen is wearing a mask and they had masks for customers at the door if needed.

6 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I've visited a handful of dealerships the past several week. Most everyone I've seen is wearing a mask and they had masks for customers at the door if needed.

Not a single employee is wearing a mask and no one offered me anything :(

4 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Not a single employee is wearing a mask and no one offered me anything :(

I'm in the Winston area. People up here have been surprisingly pretty good about wearing masks. Unfortunately some areas have different demographics and have started a war on common sense.

• Pie 1

Yeah I went to Hendrick Honda of Concord about two weeks ago and not a single employee was wearing a mask, no sanitizer out for us to use, and maybe 1 out of 10 customers were wearing a mask. 

I was the odd ball in a mask and ended up sitting outside just because I didn’t want to sit in their waiting room with no care to distancing or masks 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

If this is coming from somebody in the know that's one thing. It certainly sounds like some assumptions and bs though.

Was on a Zoom call this morning and one of the guys said he found out he had it by chance as he was taking another CYA test for the virus and the doc told him he was positive.

He said the only thing he has experienced is a loss of smell and taste to an extent.

Can you imagine trying to run a construction crew and the Feds, Mayor, Gov, CDC and OSHA all singing from a different sheet of music?