• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

30 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Here is Utah the virus is exploding. 1k cases in two days, healthcare officials making the national headlines begging Utah to go back to more restrictions 

went shopping All around the city today today, if I’m being generous 25% of people wear masks, and it was very very busy

including employees of big chain stores, mom and pop, and businesses all over dealing with mass crowds

what the the holy hell is wrong with people

it’s come time to accept the virus is never going away or will be under control. People don’t want government invading their liberties yet they’re too fuging stupid to responsibility do it themselves lol starting to really lose faith I mean at what point do I need to refuse to interact with anyone not wearing a mask as if that’s even possible

I’m in Salt Lake City and the mask wearing near where I’m at is hit or miss. I’m lucky that I work from home, so I really don’t get out much other than to walk the dogs. We’re seeing in increase for sure, but it’s not like what’s happening in Charlotte.....yet.

Edited by philp

26 minutes ago, philp said:

I’m in Salt Lake City and the mask wearing near where I’m at is hit or miss. I’m lucky that I work from home, so I really don’t get out much other than to walk the dogs. We’re seeing in increase for sure, but it’s not like what’s happening in Charlotte.....yet.

You weren’t that dude wearing panther gear at the liquor store in Draper a few weeks ago? Was shocked to see it almost said go Panthers.

Utah seems...we were doing really well when this first hit but poo is hitting the fan, today was the first day in months I spent time outside the house getting poo done, take my advice stay in. I work from home too and other than food I don’t think I’ll be going out for a while, it honestly made me nervous.

8 hours ago, onmyown said:

Here is Utah the virus is exploding. 1k cases in two days, healthcare officials making the national headlines begging Utah to go back to more restrictions 

went shopping All around the city today today, if I’m being generous 25% of people wear masks, and it was very very busy

including employees of big chain stores, mom and pop, and businesses all over dealing with mass crowds

what the the holy hell is wrong with people

it’s come time to accept the virus is never going away or will be under control. People don’t want government invading their liberties yet they’re too fuging stupid to responsibility do it themselves lol starting to really lose faith I mean at what point do I need to refuse to interact with anyone not wearing a mask as if that’s even possible

Compliance is still really high here in VA Beach.  I'm still estimating it at 80%+.  Anyone who isn't wearing a mask really stands out.  As I said before, I think some of it is just human nature to observe and follow the environment around you.  I bet if you put some of the people in Utah who are not wearing masks here, they'd wear a mask.  And some of the people who are wearing masks here wouldn't be doing it in Utah.

Edited by Wes21

9 hours ago, onmyown said:

Yeah when some people say that everybody just needs to be safe and take responsibility they mean everybody else.  If everybody else is wearing a mask then I'm protected so who cares.  

Kind of like how anti-vaxxers have sprung out of a world where awful things like polio and smallpox have been virtually eliminated thanks to vaccines.  If everybody's vaccinated then it's safe to a certain degree for a bunch of dumbasses to spew a bunch of crap about how vaccines are poison and how smart and special they are for not vaccinating their kids.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Charleston basically taking a survey on masks. 

On Thursday, city officials are set to hold an emergency meeting regarding the coronavirus where a mask ordinance will be on the agenda.

By calling Citizen Services, residents are prompted with a recorded message that allows them to cast a vote in support of or against the measure. People calling after business hours can leave a message with their vote simply by saying "yes" or "no."

https://abcnews4.com/news/lowcountry-and-state-politics/city-of-charleston-gauging-residents-support-of-proposed-mask-ordinance-over-phone

10 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Wearing a mask isn’t a political statement it is an IQ test. 

Problem is people have been blatantly lied to by those in power and the media. Their credibility is shot. Politicians went overboard trying to look the part of being concerned about public safety while in truth being only concerned about their political liability. 

Add in the media sensationalizing their reports just to get clicks instead of actually reporting what was really happening. "Reports" of overflowing US hospitals and a regular person live streaming from the same place and the parking lot was empty. Happened several times out here I saw personally.

Then sick people were refused testing, hospitals were caught lying about causes of death, and most people have been sick and it could have been the flu or coronavirus, no way to know. The numbers have never been accurate or even close so there is that also.

This has been botched from the beginning, especially in the US where everyone wants to be in the spotlight, truth be damned. Now the same people are screaming believe me, I wouldn't lie to you AGAIN, and this is the result. 

People refuse to wear masks because they don't believe what they are being told.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Except the mechanics of how wearing a mask works and how it's effective aren't complicated.  Yeah if you can wear a mask and refuse to my default assumption is that you're a moron.  If that hurts somebody's feelings then call your therapist because I don't give a fug.

Are you going to refuse to wash your hands next because the CDC says to do it and you've been "lied to"?

e: I mean "you" in the abstract, not you specifically poster above me

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

I'm just waiting for some Karen to get lavished with praise from right wing media outlets for refusing to comply with a mask order at her hobby boutique that's open three days a week or something.

Like that lady in Texas who collected a couple hundred stacks in donations for her "legal defense" because she opened her salon early even though she had already taken $18k in stimulus beforehand.

1 hour ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Except the mechanics of how wearing a mask works and how it's effective aren't complicated.  Yeah if you can wear a mask and refuse to my default assumption is that you're a moron.  If that hurts somebody's feelings then call your therapist because I don't give a fug.

Are you going to refuse to wash your hands next because the CDC says to do it and you've been "lied to"?

e: I mean "you" in the abstract, not you specifically poster above me

If the CDC says one week to wash hands, then the next says it doesn't matter and then the next week, and on and on.  Then, yes, not so much a refusal, but just cutting the strings from a puppet master who has no clue.  Confidence is low and THAT is what you are seeing, not as much of "freedum" stuff as you guys like to put it.  Virus is up, deaths are continuing to go down.  Hard to even follow the graphs about what has happened over the last 3 months.  If what they said was going to happen was happening, we'd already be back up to 2500 deaths per day. 25 year olds are getting it, and going on with their lives.  It is hard to know what is the right thing to do, but everyone stayed at home to give hospitals a chance to catch up and now cannot pay their mortgage and grandma died due to the governments insertion of covid patients into the rest homes.  Figure that one out.  YOU cannot go see grandma, but the government puts covid patients there themselves.  More confidence building.

Again, deaths are still trending down, until that changes and the CDC, and government and media gets their act together, then it will be hard to have people cower in fear just because CNN hyperventilates.  In the end, maybe people will end up being a bit smarter than you give them credit for. "Russia" and many other things will have been the impetus for people not listening to Peter when he cried wolf.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, stirs said:

If the CDC says one week to wash hands, then the next says it doesn't matter and then the next week, and on and on.  Then, yes, not so much a refusal, but just cutting the strings from a puppet master who has no clue.  Confidence is low and THAT is what you are seeing, not as much of "freedum" stuff as you guys like to put it.  Virus is up, deaths are continuing to go down.  Hard to even follow the graphs about what has happened over the last 3 months.  If what they said was going to happen was happening, we'd already be back up to 2500 deaths per day. 25 year olds are getting it, and going on with their lives.  It is hard to know what is the right thing to do, but everyone stayed at home to give hospitals a chance to catch up and now cannot pay their mortgage and grandma died due to the governments insertion of covid patients into the rest homes.  Figure that one out.  YOU cannot go see grandma, but the government puts covid patients there themselves.  More confidence building.

Again, deaths are still trending down, until that changes and the CDC, and government and media gets their act together, then it will be hard to have people cower in fear just because CNN hyperventilates.  In the end, maybe people will end up being a bit smarter than you give them credit for. "Russia" and many other things will have been the impetus for people not listening to Peter when he cried wolf.

Just wear a fuging mask and wash your hands.  I don't care what you believe or think or why you do it.  This isn't hard and it's not some arcane, complex information that's difficult to get or discern like ICU admissions rates or the actual COVID death count.

e: Also noting the bolded.  I guess we'll see what happens there huh.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield