• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

To those only looking at mortality rate to judge the seriousness of this pandemic, I think that's a significant error.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-effects/scientists-just-beginning-to-understand-the-many-health-problems-caused-by-covid-19-idUSKBN23X1BZ

How are they able to link all those problems and ongoing risk if they’ve only started to learn about its ya 60-90 days ago? Wouldn’t that be premature to say it has lasting affects or that many people won’t recover when we’ve only been studying it for 3 months?

1 minute ago, Paintballr said:

How are they able to link all those problems and ongoing risk if they’ve only started to learn about its ya 60-90 days ago? Wouldn’t that be premature to say it has lasting affects or that many people won’t recover when we’ve only been studying it for 3 months?

Well, you see, while this is a novel virus and we still have a lot to learn about it, doctors already have a pretty thorough understanding of how different types of damage to the body heal or don't heal and what the prognosis is for different types of damage to the body.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

A 20-year-old COVID-19 survivor in Chicago was the recipient of a new set of lungs, due to a lung transplant that was necessary to treat a condition now being called post-COVID fibrosis.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/lifelong-lung-damage-the-serious-covid-19-complication-that-can-hit-people-in-their-20s#What-is-post-COVID-fibrosis?

3 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

One important piece of context you should be aware of is that American conservatives think people die waiting in line to see a doctor in your country.

Yeah I know. Heard it all. Every morning I wake up surprised that I made it to live for another day.

57 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, you see, while this is a novel virus and we still have a lot to learn about it, doctors already have a pretty thorough understanding of how different types of damage to the body heal or don't heal and what the prognosis is for different types of damage to the body.

It was also reported very early from New York that they saw patients with expected permanent lung damage on parts of some lungs. Was also mentioned that people could increase their capacity of the remaining healthy lungs with cardio. But I mean, you need to have enough healthy lung parts to do that...

I checked your link but could find out. Does it mention if they see organ damage also in mild cases? 

Because if its ICU and hospitalization cases, that's not that surprising. 

17 minutes ago, luke262 said:

What stats? I'll happily look at them. 

Here's some stats...

Over the course of three months, 125k Americans have died from COVID. Over the course of a year, roughly 650k Americans die from heart disease and another 600k die from cancer. But rest assured, it's nothing.

Meanwhile, 2996 Americans died during 9/11.

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Here's some stats...

Over the course of three months, 125k Americans have died from COVID. Over the course of a year, roughly 650k Americans die from heart disease and another 600k die from cancer. But rest assured, it's nothing.

Meanwhile, 2996 Americans died during 9/11.

Thank you.

Human habits were changed as a result of 9/11, yet people won't wear mask as a result of this? I just don't understand. 

1 minute ago, luke262 said:

Thank you.

Human habits were changed as a result of 9/11, yet people won't wear mask as a result of this? I just don't understand. 

It's impossible to explain the irrationality of logic being pushed aside for politics and/or emotions. It's why I just look at our society today and shake my head. So much of today's society is absolutely baffling to any rational human.

6 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

we're not having football this year and it's all the Trump admins fault for blowing it when they had warning and roadmaps

you never know which is the right path with something like this

Trump is a moron, but Pelosi is a moron, Biden is a moron and none of them have anything but hindsight.

Fauci and the rest are not the all knowing people they were made out to be, WHO is a bunch of corrupt people.

Do you wait on a vaccine until next year and tell everyone they stay home until then?  How is that having a football season?  Sports without fans is about the only way unless the virus is truly losing its punch.  There were 2 strains identified early on, we talked about it some 300 pages ago.

If everyone under 40 gets it and does not pass along to their grandparents, then who knows, we might end up w herd immunity before the vaccine comes along.  You cannot shut down an economy for a year and a half while waiting on a vaccine.  Spectator sports will be the last thing back unless they are without spectators

There are NO easy roadmaps and putting your faith in politicians is certainly a roll of the dice.  Especially in an election year

59 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's impossible to explain the irrationality of logic being pushed aside for politics and/or emotions. It's why I just look at our society today and shake my head. So much of today's society is absolutely baffling to any rational human.

I'm speaking for myself and the more rural area where I live, but people aren't seeing the massive fallout that was promised. 

We were basically promised an airborne Ebola death wave and ended up with a more contagious and a little more deadly flu that you may or may not get and we wont even test you for it anyway.

They aren't being irrational. It's been a lot of "you shut me down and destroyed my business for this?" A lot of response is based on experience and when your experiences and the people you know are next to nil, its not going to generate what you consider to be arational response.

• Pie 1