• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/15/warnings-possible-cover-progress-trump-orders-hospitals-stop-sending-coronavirus

if you don't want to look dear leader just ordered hospitals to stop reporting covid data to the cdc, which makes it publicly available, and now they are to report it to hhs - which does not make it public.   he's trying to kill us because the virus is making him look bad.   

2 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Eh, there's a large percentage of people who don't even wash their hands after using the restroom(https://www.theroot.com/yall-nasty-cdc-confirms-people-arent-washing-their-han-1829921439) so how can one assume people are washing their hands after pumping gas, touching a public doorknob, or pressing buttons on some credit terminal?

If you actually care to educate yourself, feel free. But I'm pretty sure you're way too deep down the whataboutism rabbit hole to bother.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

If you actually care to educate yourself, feel free. But I'm pretty sure you're way too deep down the whataboutism rabbit hole to bother.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

I know how a mask works bud.  I also know that a small percentage of the population actually following correct protocol doesn't matter when the virus has such a high contagion.  You aren't going to convince people to wear masks all the time, it's not happening.  Do you think some young 18 year old who just got out from their parents house is going to be a little foot soldier for you?

About the evidence for wearing a mask. Interesting thread by Dr. Lynora Saxinger

Here is the study from Norwegian Institute of Public Health

Should individuals in the community without respiratory symptoms wear facemasks to reduce the spread of COVID-19?

Would I wear a mask if I was living in the US? Yes, of course. But the best solution is always to limit the exposure.

Most of the rest of the world has the virus largely contained. It's weird seeing so many Americans talk as if the massive amount of cases there are just inevitable and nothing could be done.

Countries where 100% of people wear masks have almost no cases. But Americans would rather argue over dumb crap than to take the easy solution that's obvious to the rest of the world.

But hey, don't let me interrupt you guys spouting your retarded nonsense, carry on.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

Most of the rest of the world has the virus largely contained. It's weird seeing so many Americans talk as if the massive amount of cases there are just inevitable and nothing could be done.

Countries where 100% of people wear masks have almost no cases. But Americans would rather argue over dumb crap than to take the easy solution that's obvious to the rest of the world.

But hey, don't let me interrupt you guys spouting your retarded nonsense, carry on.

I spend most of my time out of the country and have friends over Europe and Asia. We are the pity/laughing stock/concern of many. They pretty much just see us as stupid. I'm not exaggerating a bit.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

I spend most of my time out of the country and have friends over Europe and Asia. We are the pity/laughing stock/concern of many. They pretty much just see us as stupid. I'm not exaggerating a bit.

My European friends have been laughing at me since the last Presidential election. Every time I see them they start off with jokes about our president. Every. Single. Time.

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is terrible.  One of the most idiotic things Grump has done yet.  If I were a hospital administrator, I would make a significant effort to ignore this requirement.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

1 hour ago, CatTower said:

I know how a mask works bud.  I also know that a small percentage of the population actually following correct protocol doesn't matter when the virus has such a high contagion.  You aren't going to convince people to wear masks all the time, it's not happening.  Do you think some young 18 year old who just got out from their parents house is going to be a little foot soldier for you?

Your "but people touch their face without washing their hands" kinda pretty clearly indicates that you don't understand how masks work.

29 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

25 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

My European friends have been laughing at me since the last Presidential election. Every time I see them they start off with jokes about our president. Every. Single. Time.

My American friends make fun of and laugh at people in European and Asian countries.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Your "but people touch their face without washing their hands" kinda pretty clearly indicates that you don't understand how masks work.

There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face. - Dr. Fauci

32 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Yeah we are getting mocked by France. Government says : to beat this you have to follow these rules. Citizens say: Ok then.

In America citizens say: Mah Freedoms!

Meanwhile: https://covid19-projections.com/france