• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The really sad part is if the DNC had nominated a paper bag instead of HRC, that paper bag could have been turned into a cover for a science book and we likely be in better shape with Covid. 

No, the sad part is that they didn't learn their lesson and force fed everybody an even worse option.

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

This reminds me of the south park episode, where cartman is freezing himself cause he cann't wait for the wii to come out. He does and ends up being much later in the future. Religion is no more, science controls the world, but theres a catch. 2 groups are fighting cause they feel their science is truly correct and otters have evolved into a science lead group too. Such a great and brilliant series.

They spend most of episodes trashing the others scientific beliefs and soon a war is inedidable.....Ine - ine - inedidable... During one scene the group of otters is preparing to attack while the others attack each other. A wise one comes into the scene and starts talking about how they shouldnt care that the groups dont eat on their tummies or need to cut trees down for tables. How they should see their way of thinking and compromise. Then some rando otter says "Kill the wise one!".  Its a three parter too, if I remember right. 

Scientists have been getting brought since the term started, just follow the money. The truth and non-basis testing is all but gone, each group feel they need to lie for the "Greater good" now too. They want results to state what they believe and thats plain wrong. To sum it up, people suck no matter what.  

In that same episode the reason why that “war” started was because Mr Garrison had a sex change and “wanted to get fuged like a monkey” by the atheist. He then found out that he was actually a dude and poo went down hill.

I love South Park, and it’s a really well done show, but don’t use it (especially an episode from 10-15 years ago) to win an argument that science isn’t correct here with Covid 

CNN posted the companies that got PPP loans.  I just glanced around for a couple minutes and found one that got $350k-1M dollar loan.  You know what that company does?  It sends fake invoices through the mail that scams people to pay money thinking that it's for their domain renewals.  It has 136 complaints on BBB and is not accredited.  Glad we're saving these essential businesses.   

DOMAIN LISTINGS LLC

https://www.cnn.com/projects/ppp-business-loans/search?q=domain

Check that, it looks like they got 2 loans totaling 700k-2M

Edited by CatTower

I'm glad Trump tweeted out his grand standing on face masks.  Its a little cringey, but it seems to have helped.  I've seen an instant change of tune on my FB feed.  Apparently they didn't realize Trump started wearing and loosely supporting face masks previously.

Edited by Wes21

School systems are figuring out that if they run at 1/3 capacity, you only need 1/3 employees. All the teachers that were crying in March about wanting to get back in the classroom are going to be crying for a different reason. Their annual salary probably runs out in August.

2 hours ago, Wes21 said:

I'm glad Trump tweeted out his grand standing on face masks.  Its a little cringey, but it seems to have helped.  I've seen an instant change of tune on my FB feed.  Apparently they didn't realize Trump started wearing and loosely supporting face masks previously.

Agreed. You have to already know that anything Trump says is going to be belligerent, divisive, and passing the blame. I'm just glad he is FINALLY encouraging his supporters to wear masks.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. You have to already know that anything Trump says is going to be belligerent, divisive, and passing the blame. I'm just glad he is FINALLY encouraging his supporters to wear masks.

I have an old work buddy who fits some of the stereotypes people talk about here (white southern male).  Soon after Trump tweeted the mask thing, I saw him do a post on FB saying something to the effect of "I guess I need to look at this a different way.  When else are we going to be allowed to walk into a store with a mask and a gun?  Mind as well take advantage of it now."

38 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

This study on T cells was literally quoted to you pages back so maybe you should have an attention span longer than a gnat.

T cells have been mentioned in many articles.

I just found this article a bit more informative than just the blurbs you hear, of course it was longer, thus the TLDR warning.  Missing antibodies might not be an issue was good to hear

28 minutes ago, stirs said:

T cells have been mentioned in many articles.

I just found this article a bit more informative than just the blurbs you hear, of course it was longer, thus the TLDR warning.  Missing antibodies might not be an issue was good to hear

There is an excellent two part Covid documentary on Netflix. You should check it out. Goes into this 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

How is Trump gonna fug up this vaccination for Americans if it works

He is a politician so I would expect like any good (not really) politician, he will make much fanfare about who gets it first.  Expect medical personnel to be in front of the lines, as they should be and expect him to be crowing.  This is politics, if it does not happen until after the election, then expect Biden to do the exact same thing if he wins.