• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, CRA said:

well, we aren't openly sharing with the world.   

I mean we are in a global pandemic.  Handling it poorly.  And we just withdrew from the World Health Org. 

The WHO that botched this from word go and then covered for the CCP?  That WHO?  You people are some self loathing basket cases.  Hell, give it a few years history will be rewritten that America created COVID-19 and had a cure the whole time, but was attempting global genocide.  

17 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The WHO that botched this from word go and then covered for the CCP?  That WHO?  You people are some self loathing basket cases.  Hell, give it a few years history will be rewritten that America created COVID-19 and had a cure the whole time, but was attempting global genocide.  

The WHO had a perfectly working COVID test ready for US (and WE fund WHO).....that we declined.  We made a faulty one that didn't work.  Then had to go back and make one that worked.  But us weeks behind.  But....I guess it didn't matter as we never were actually trying to get on top of it in reality.  Still aren't.  Leadership has largely given up and largely adopted the fug it approach.  Take it on the chin until there is cure approach.  

WHO didn't handle things perfectly.  You aren't going to find that with a global pandemic.  But what you shouldn't find is America still tripping all over there dang feet this far into it.  America deserves a lot more criticism than the WHO at this stage.   That isn't painting WHO as perfect in this.  But America rightfully should be called out. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

42 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Okay, I'm done.  Espionage and intellectual property theft is okay in a pandemic.

No, its terrible and I hope someone gets punished.  I'm just hyper focused on some comments that you made that made it sound like we're hiding information and someone improving on something COVID related would be a bad thing.  It just seemed like an odd way of looking at it, given how unique the situation is.

I think there are probably several reasons to keep research like this locked down.  First to protect the work you have already accomplished and make sure it does not get infected itself.

If they are trying to break into the system, then I would let the entire world know it and give them proof.  I would also let them know that we do not mind working hand in hand with anyone to solve this crisis, but to come through the front door please.

17 hours ago, Paintballr said:

In that same episode the reason why that “war” started was because Mr Garrison had a sex change and “wanted to get fuged like a monkey” by the atheist. He then found out that he was actually a dude and poo went down hill.

I love South Park, and it’s a really well done show, but don’t use it (especially an episode from 10-15 years ago) to win an argument that science isn’t correct here with Covid 

The point was to show no matter what, groups of people will have their beliefs and think everyone should follow them. That episode showed even when taking away religion(super hot topic in most circles), the world was fighting among themselves.  There where a few cases here along the lines "See this expert said Opposite of what your experts showed ". Irony is I posted that and was immediately attacked(one sorta said sorry). You gave your version of what the episode was and told me not to use that for this topic. Thats enough irony for me til the next virus outbreak. 

Speaking about the "experts"

It seems are now talking about who gets the vaccine first, you know like in November-January.

If not mistaken, the "experts" were saying 2-4 years.

Never know how it will shake out, so keep your powder dry.  We might break all records by getting something like this or we might fall on our face.  Just make sure you don't make an ass out of yourself by carrying the water for either side.  This thing is what it is and we HOPE it can be something good very soon.  Just don't bet your house on it.

3 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

You sir, are a verified idiot.

You and rippadonn are legitimate threats to the future of this country and civilization as a whole.

Everyone in your world seems to be a genius or an idiot.  Most of the folks I know are somewhere in between.

18 minutes ago, stirs said:

Speaking about the "experts"

It seems are now talking about who gets the vaccine first, you know like in November-January.

If not mistaken, the "experts" were saying 2-4 years.

Never know how it will shake out, so keep your powder dry.  We might break all records by getting something like this or we might fall on our face.  Just make sure you don't make an ass out of yourself by carrying the water for either side.  This thing is what it is and we HOPE it can be something good very soon.  Just don't bet your house on it.

I've been saying this entire thread that a vaccine in early to mid-'21 was very possible. A lot of the groundwork for this vaccine was laid during the original SARS pandemic and we've seen more resources thrown at this vaccine effort than any previous recent vaccine effort. But there's a difference between available and widespread availability. There's not going to be widespread availability of a vaccine this year. Hopefully before cold/flu season of next year.

3 hours ago, Inimicus said:

You sir, are a verified idiot.

You and rippadonn are legitimate threats to the future of this country and civilization as a whole.

You sir, are an ignorant moron.

Being completely clueless is the very the reason civilization currently going to crap.  

See, I can do personal attacks too.