• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

20 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Do anything you want outside. 

Don't fuggin be around people inside for more than a few minutes. 

Wear a mask to the grocery and any other needed shopping. 

If everyone did these three simple things this thing would go away entirely in a month. 

Yes and it has been proven in other states and countries. But the good news is despite American "Rugged individualism" cases have peaked and deaths are predicted to peak in a week. No idea what we will look like in six months.

5 hours ago, Shufdog said:

I got tested and got my results back the next day. Everybody i know that has  gotten tested received their results in a day or two. 

That's how it's been for us here in Va Beach.  It didn't start like that.  Holy heck it was tough in March and April.  But the last few months we can go get a test immediately, and get the results in a day or two. 

So, here's the play:

You call out sick, ask the boss of you should get tested. He says, "Not up to me, HIIPA and all; call the nurse or wellness coordinator." They confirm and recommend test. Go to FastMed, get tested, download their app, go home and wait. FastMed is currently at 3-5 days.

When test come back negative, you go back to work and apply for emergency sick leave reimbursement. This is because you had to sit home for 3-5 days, use your sick time to wait on a test which came back negative, your employer now has to give you those 3-5 days worth of sick time back and you collect regular pay and not lose sick days. 

Municipal government, folks. 

3 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

So, here's the play:

You call out sick, ask the boss of you should get tested. He says, "Not up to me, HIIPA and all; call the nurse or wellness coordinator." They confirm and recommend test. Go to FastMed, get tested, download their app, go home and wait. FastMed is currently at 3-5 days.

When test come back negative, you go back to work and apply for emergency sick leave reimbursement. This is because you had to sit home for 3-5 days, use your sick time to wait on a test which came back negative, your employer now has to give you those 3-5 days worth of sick time back and you collect regular pay and not lose sick days. 

Municipal government, folks. 

Murica

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Remember when the increase in new cases was being blamed on more testing? Well, the data refuted that claim but here recently, the opposite has been true. The dip in new cases seems to be directly correlated to less testing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/COVID19Tracking/status/1291140412711690240/photo/1

So, does this mean that increased testing did equal increase in cases? I am under the assumption that we already have people who have the Virus, we are just finding more, it is not really new cases. 

Edited by Devil Doc

3 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

So, does this mean that increased testing did equal increase in cases? I am under the assumption that we already have people who have the Virus, we are just finding more, it is not really new cases. 

If you understand data the answer is right there in the link. 

• Pie 1