• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Just now, kass said:

Thanks, interesting. 

That's a weird article. If people from NY, NJ and Connecticut would be banned from entering other states, that would make the most sense. 

No this was in June when the virus was mostly over in those states. Here is NY  which you can see is almost done by late June.

As for CA yeah I think it was just lockdown measures.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

No this was in June when the virus was mostly over in those states. Here is NY  which you can see is almost done by late June.

As for CA yeah I think it was just lockdown measures.

That's a lazy take from me. I saw it was june, but thought they still had la significantly high spread. Nope. 

So then it will be interesting to see why the spread and number of deaths are so high in the rest of the US. This puzzles me.

The link you provided, that is how  it should have looked for the whole US. Because that is how most countries numbers looks like. 

We learned, just like Europe, that rest homes are very vulnerable.  Everyone was supposed to know that going in, at least we all argued about it in early March, but still, we got hit hard there.  Not protecting the elderly, and our country being way too fat and stubborn, all goes into the soup we have been served.  You can try to blame it all on your most hated political enemies, but it won't help the facts.  Gov has no common sense.

• Pie 1

Feb. 7: Trump tells Woodward he knows of airborne risks and covid is worse than worst flus

Feb 10-Mar 2, 2020: Trump holds five MAGA rallies each attracting thousands of people in confined spaces

taken from coronavirus timeline.....yikes. More evidence Trump doesn’t care about his supporters 

18 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Feb. 7: Trump tells Woodward he knows of airborne risks and covid is worse than worst flus

Feb 10-Mar 2, 2020: Trump holds five MAGA rallies each attracting thousands of people in confined spaces

taken from coronavirus timeline.....yikes. More evidence Trump doesn’t care about his supporters 

Or maybe the people knew the risk going to the indoor rallies? There is already evidence of people from both political spectrum's doing things that are risky and in confined spaces. Why should you political views determine which risk you take? 

So Woodward, being the righteous person in this episode, waited until September, when big headlines mean big book sales to release this info?

Wouldn't a caring individual, who wants to save the world, let the details be know back in Feb so he could save 200k people from dying?  Or just watch the carnage so book sales would be robust?  Trying to figure out the real villain here, or are there 2?

32 minutes ago, stirs said:

So Woodward, being the righteous person in this episode, waited until September, when big headlines mean big book sales to release this info?

Wouldn't a caring individual, who wants to save the world, let the details be know back in Feb so he could save 200k people from dying?  Or just watch the carnage so book sales would be robust?  Trying to figure out the real villain here, or are there 2?

Yeah, the “well why didn’t someone stop me” defense of Trump being a shitbag with blood on his hands. 

17 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Yeah, the “well why didn’t someone stop me” defense of Trump being a shitbag with blood on his hands. 

Or, kinda like someone filming people drowning on their phone for the video cred and not helping the victims.

I'd say, 2 wonderfully self promoting individuals there.  Of course you only see one.  Would not expect anything more.

I don't understand this latest scandal with Trump. What's the big deal I am missing? What's "new"?

I mean, he did say in the beginning, March/April something, that millions could die if no actions was taken. And if they could keep the death tolls as low as 250k, they would have done a good job. 

1 hour ago, stirs said:

Wouldn't a caring individual, who wants to save the world, let the details be know back in Feb so he could save 200k people from dying?

You mean, like the supposed "leader of the free world?"

Why don't you ask him that question at his next mask-free, no social distancing required Klan rally?