• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

5 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

You mean, like the supposed "leader of the free world?"

Why don't you ask him that question at his next mask-free, no social distancing required Klan rally?

I'll get right on that.

If only Trump would have stayed a Democrat, you guys could all switch sides and insults.  Ya'll take the cake.

• Poo 1

36 minutes ago, kass said:

I don't understand this latest scandal with Trump. What's the big deal I am missing? What's "new"?

I mean, he did say in the beginning, March/April something, that millions could die if no actions was taken. And if they could keep the death tolls as low as 250k, they would have done a good job. 

Election years here are right out of a comic book

1 hour ago, stirs said:

Or, kinda like someone filming people drowning on their phone for the video cred and not helping the victims.

I'd say, 2 wonderfully self promoting individuals there.  Of course you only see one.  Would not expect anything more.

I am also curious why Bob delayed the release of the tapes. It’s a strange thing to do but it does not excuse Trump and isn’t Some perverted sort of Vindication like a lot right wingers think that it is. 

• Flames 1

51 minutes ago, kass said:

I don't understand this latest scandal with Trump. What's the big deal I am missing? What's "new"?

I mean, he did say in the beginning, March/April something, that millions could die if no actions was taken. And if they could keep the death tolls as low as 250k, they would have done a good job. 

I dont see why 190K deaths is considered bad? 250K is still good for a Pandemic.. which is why I am confused on the focus of deaths as a bad thing, when there is no proof of any other thing being done would have made the deaths less? It is all speculation. 

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

I am also curious why Bob delayed the release of the tapes. It’s a strange thing to do but it does not excuse Trump and isn’t Some perverted sort of Vindication like a lot right wingers think that it is. 

I wasn't excusing either one there Festus.  Just calling em both self promoting

1 hour ago, Devil Doc said:

I dont see why 190K deaths is considered bad? 250K is still good for a Pandemic.. which is why I am confused on the focus of deaths as a bad thing, when there is no proof of any other thing being done would have made the deaths less? It is all speculation. 

Then you have not been paying attention, the 190k is a colossal failure because in other western countries the first wave was handled and the numbers went down significantly. A few regions was hit hard but in other regions the spread was some what contained.

This has not been the case with the US. States who had a small spread early, have now ended up having a high death toll.

When I first heard the 250k number, my reaction was. They keep it high, so they easily could get below it. Well, nope. Such a failure. 

1 hour ago, stirs said:

Election years here are right out of a comic book

But still. This new revelation just shows that Trump is being Trump. Not up to the task he has been given.. and all this information have been available and being talked about during spring and summer. 

it's amazing to see so much stupid crammed into one post

wow just wow

190k deaths isn't bad?

250k deaths is good?

why focus on deaths like its a bad thing?

no proof anything can be done?

just for starters SKorea had their first case the same day as the US and their death toll is around 300

not 300k, 300

but yeah nothing can be done! it's all speculation!

good grief

Edited by R0CKnR0LLA

16 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

it's amazing to see so much stupid crammed into one post

wow just wow

190k deaths isn't bad?

250k deaths is good?

why focus on deaths like its a bad thing?

no proof anything can be done?

just for starters SKorea had their first case the same day as the US and their death toll is around 300

not 300k, 300

but yeah nothing can be done! it's all speculation!

good grief

Stupid?

explain?

Explain how keeping deaths below 250K is a bad thing? There is around 330 Million in America. The original estimates was a million deaths. Explain how something could have been done? A Mask mandate( Which legally cannot be done), Arresting people for not wearing a mask? Punishing people for not following Quarantine or lock down procedures?  Honestly, I want to know what YOU think could have been done, or in fact anything that supposedly Biden would have done, that would have changed the outcome. Also, what is the number of deaths that would have made it not so bad? 50K? 100? 25K 

Edited by Devil Doc
  • Poo 1

Stupid?

explain?

Explain how keeping deaths below 250K is a bad thing? There is around 330 Million in America. The original estimates was a million deaths. Explain how something could have been done? A Mask mandate( Which legally cannot be done), Arresting people for not wearing a mask? Punishing people for not following Quarantine or lock down procedures?  Honestly, I want to know what YOU think could have been done, or in fact anything that supposedly Biden would have done, that would have changed the outcome. Also, what is the number of deaths that would have made it not so bad? 50K? 100? 25K 

Perhaps read this, for starters.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-exemplar-south-korea

On 9/8/2020 at 12:22 PM, Happy Panther said:

With real numbers and everything...

All numbers are real, just not always correct....as usual, it depends on the event as to how something is spread and how REAL the numbers are.

Would not trust most media outlets and their spin about protests spreading nor bike rallies.

https://www.aier.org/article/the-sturgis-bike-rally-sensationalist-reporting-and-broken-disease-models/

Most people know that the pandemic was always a tightrope that had to be walked between economic disaster and health and safety.

Most pols have failed the test.  Surprise, surprise.  Even though Covid was going to affect only a small percentage of Americans, measures were put in place on everyone.  Economic fallouts, political fights, etc. are in full force, but common sense and segregating the vulnerable was never accomplished and for the most part, not attempted.  Do not elevate any pol to some sort of god like persona.  They are all just manipulative bastards.  Trump, Biden, RNC, DNC, give me a break.  Corona was the perfect thing for them to show us just how much we need them.

https://www.aier.org/article/the-new-normal-is-wrecking-new-york/

Edited by stirs
  • Pie 1

22 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

S. Korea has a way more advanced Healthcare and a means to do it. Did you see how much they had the Government do things? Our country is set up to where States make decisions, then Federal provide guidance and few resources and limited funding. Federal Government does not take over hospitals, facilities etc nor can they tell these facilities what to do. Also, there was already a Federal Decleration called in March, which meant many Federal Deparrments were activated in providing supplies, resources etc. So, what else could America have done?  Saying that America could have done what S.Korea did, is not how our country is set up. 

S. Korea has a way more advanced Healthcare and a means to do it. Did you see how much they had the Government do things? Our country is set up to where States make decisions, then Federal provide guidance and few resources and limited funding. Federal Government does not take over hospitals, facilities etc nor can they tell these facilities what to do. Also, there was already a Federal Decleration called in March, which meant many Federal Deparrments were activated in providing supplies, resources etc. So, what else could America have done?  Saying that America could have done what S.Korea did, is not how our country is set up. 

It's not set up to handle a pandemic of this magnitude in any way shape or form because it was politicized from day 1 and that's why the response was a failure. Here we are 6 months into it and still have not reached a consensus that this is a healthcare crisis, not a political debate.

That's why it's been a failure, not because we're not set up that way.

We didn't wait for each state to act when responding to 9/11. Airports across the country were shut down immediately and public transportation systems across the country went on high alert- none of that occurred on an individual state-by-state basis.