• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

9 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

I do have a bit of smell and taste but not usual.

Well, hopefully its just a cold. I had a cold a month ago but did take the Covid test, negative.

And its easy for me to say what to do. With our welfare system giving out sickpay from day 1 during this pandemic. Also working at a family business and able to work from a distance since its mostly office work or digital meetings...

1 hour ago, kass said:

Well, hopefully its just a cold. I had a cold a month ago but did take the Covid test, negative.

And its easy for me to say what to do. With our welfare system giving out sickpay from day 1 during this pandemic. Also working at a family business and able to work from a distance since its mostly office work or digital meetings...

Yea, I took covid test yesterday.  Rather be safe than sorry.

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

Yea, I took covid test yesterday.  Rather be safe than sorry.

How long ago did you start expressing symptoms? The test has a 40% false negative rate if you get it the first day you start seeing symptoms. I got it in early July (or at least I'm pretty sure I did); muscle aches, chills so bad I couldn't stop shaking, and then when my fever broke I slept for 20 hours straight. But I got tested the morning after I started feeling chills, and I came back negative.

Point being, if you got it soon after you started seeing symptoms, be cautious even if it comes back negative.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

How long ago did you start expressing symptoms? The test has a 40% false negative rate if you get it the first day you start seeing symptoms. I got it in early July (or at least I'm pretty sure I did); muscle aches, chills so bad I couldn't stop shaking, and then when my fever broke I slept for 20 hours straight. But I got tested the morning after I started feeling chills, and I came back negative.

Point being, if you got it soon after you started seeing symptoms, be cautious even if it comes back negative.

It’s negative.

• Pie 2

I still think I likely had it back in February/March. My anti-body test at the end of April from National Jewish Hospital (one of the top respiratory hospitals in the nation) came back inconclusive. Basically I had some anti-bodies present but not enough to meet the threshold for a positive. I either had the rona or had another coronavirus based cold that produced very similar antibodies. No way to know for sure. I developed that nasty chest cold shortly after a trip to Seattle back when they were the epicenter. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I still think I likely had it back in February/March. My anti-body test at the end of April from National Jewish Hospital (one of the top respiratory hospitals in the nation) came back inconclusive. Basically I had some anti-bodies present but not enough to meet the threshold for a positive. I either had the rona or had another coronavirus based cold that produced very similar antibodies. No way to know for sure. I developed that nasty chest cold shortly after a trip to Seattle back when they were the epicenter. 

Mid-February for the wife and I. Neither of us ever get sick, but this kicked our ass and I was as sick as I've been for years. She missed a few days and was in bed for a couple- not good at all. Then, after she was trying to get back on her feet, I went down hard for a few days myself. It took probably 4 days or so before either of us really felt like we could do anything.  

On 10/19/2020 at 5:08 AM, stirs said:

Check out the rolling average daily deaths in Sweden. That was the point of the doctor I linked

True, but the cases of infected is rising and so is the number of ICU. From a low level sure, but Sweden is entering 6 months of cold weather and 20 weeks of flu season. 

It can go quickly if people don't get their act together. There are ~90.000 elderly in care homes waiting for the last straw. They live in their final home and if they aren't protected the numbers will blow up like in spring or even worse because now it might hit other parts of Sweden and not only Stockholm.

Did the Doctor mention herd immunity? Herd immunity without a vaccine is a massacre. 

https://www.newstatesman.com/world/europe/2020/10/sweden-s-anders-tegnell-we-did-not-pursue-herd-immunity-against-covid-19

4 hours ago, kass said:

True, but the cases of infected is rising and so is the number of ICU. From a low level sure, but Sweden is entering 6 months of cold weather and 20 weeks of flu season. 

It can go quickly if people don't get their act together. There are ~90.000 elderly in care homes waiting for the last straw. They live in their final home and if they aren't protected the numbers will blow up like in spring or even worse because now it might hit other parts of Sweden and not only Stockholm.

Did the Doctor mention herd immunity? Herd immunity without a vaccine is a massacre. 

https://www.newstatesman.com/world/europe/2020/10/sweden-s-anders-tegnell-we-did-not-pursue-herd-immunity-against-covid-19

He did not mention herd immunity.

Basically what is happening in most of Europe is very high cases, but very little death rate.  Sweden death rate even lower than other Euro countries.  Most think the new infections are younger people

US records its worst week yet, 500,000 new virus cases

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/10/30/us/us-covid-case-record.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Taiwan marks 200 days without any domestic cases of Covid-19

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/29/taiwan-domestic-covid-19-infection

Idiot anti-maskers: "nOtHiNg cAn bE dONe"