• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Alright, I gotta vent here for a minute...

As I've already said, my Dad's side of the family (full blown Trumpers) are in the midst of an outbreak. Both of my uncles are symptomatic and positive and my grandmother is symptomatic but has had two negative tests but they assume she's almost certainly positive too. They're still having a family Thanksgiving. They're mad at us that we're not coming. It's no big deal! It's just the flu! Okay, for one it's NOT the fuging flu. Two, hell even if it was I still wouldn't go because I honestly don't feel like being sick with the fuging flu either.

Anyway, these fuging morons are gonna have their very own super spreader event. Not a mask will be in sight. Symptomatic COVID carriers will intermingle with the currently uninfected and those people will go back to work next week. Sadly, I don't think this is at all an isolated event. Well, my family's over the fuging too idiocy might be, but yeah... holy fug poo is gonna get bad.

/rant off

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Alright, I gotta vent here for a minute...

As I've already said, my Dad's side of the family (full blown Trumpers) are in the midst of an outbreak. Both of my uncles are symptomatic and positive and my grandmother is symptomatic but has had two negative tests but they assume she's almost certainly positive too. They're still having a family Thanksgiving. They're mad at us that we're not coming. It's no big deal! It's just the flu! Okay, for one it's NOT the fuging flu. Two, hell even if it was I still wouldn't go because I honestly don't feel like being sick with the fuging flu either.

Anyway, these fuging morons are gonna have their very own super spreader event. Not a mask will be in sight. Symptomatic COVID carriers will intermingle with the currently uninfected and those people will go back to work next week. Sadly, I don't think this is at all an isolated event. Well, my family's over the fuging too idiocy might be, but yeah... holy fug poo is gonna get bad.

/rant off

Canadians have been much better at limiting the transmission of COVID, but there was still a major uptick in cases two weeks after their Thanksgiving (celebrated in October).

Will the U.S. heed Canada's Thanksgiving lesson?

Canada's staring down a Covid surge that has been blamed on social gatherings. And as Americans contemplate their holiday plans, Canadians are desperately trying to save Christmas.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/22/us-canada-thanksgiving-lesson-438898

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There is no more lesson. The lesson is out there on full display. The COVID deniers are all in at this point. It's a fully emotional decision and not a rational one. Once something becomes religious or political it's fuging over. Logic no longer applies.

Maybe they are not denying it exists, but choosing to go through it?

16 hours ago, stirs said:

Maybe they are not denying it exists, but choosing to go through it?

Well, if that's the case, why not have a fun family game of Russian roulette around the Thanksgiving dinner table, Deerhunter style? After all, a bullet in the temple will be less painful and drawn out than dying of COVID, and if they're willing to take a chance on one, why not the other?

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Well, if that's the case, why not have a fun family game of Russian roulette around the Thanksgiving dinner table, Deerhunter style? After all, a bullet in the temple will be less painful and drawn out than dying of COVID, and if they're willing to take a chance on one, why not the other?

Have not had it, I wear a mask, but lots of people going stir crazy for 8 months.  They are willing to risk it I guess.  I guess 8 months of spinning the cylinder makes some of them want to pull the trigger