• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tua Tagovailoa

MMA

Draft Tua. Draft Herbert. Pick the QB you like best and roll the dice now. Now, not when TB is old. Not when the XFL guy has his chance and it doesn't pan out. Now. And if he is a bust, then go draft another one. Keep drafting QBs until you have a star.

7 minutes ago, RASTAN66 said:

Is the scenario you describe realistic?  What odds would you place on a QB competition between Teddy and Tua?

I'd say the chances are exactly 0%.

Why do folks burn so much time and energy on "I wish" and "I'd rather" scenarios that have 0% chance of coming to fruition?

PS...it's perfectly clear a number of folks are absolutely pining for Teddy to fall flat on his face.  They will end up eating a whole heapin' helpin' of crow!

I would say 90% on Teddy and 10% on Tua (unknown health) if Teddy plays as well as he did last season. Teddy wasn’t brought here to compete for a starter job. He was brought here to be the starter. It’s not a Matt Flynn vs Russell Wilson competition. Teddy vs Tua is more Alex Smith be Mahomes. Tua gets at least a whole year to be healthy. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

That's not guaranteed.

It's almost a guarantee not to happen.  Virtually 0% chance the Panthers have the worst record in the NFL in any remotely plausible scenario. 

8-8 ain't gonna secure the #1 pick!

2 minutes ago, RASTAN66 said:

It's almost a guarantee not to happen.  Virtually 0% chance the Panthers have the worst record in the NFL in any remotely plausible scenario. 

8-8 ain't gonna secure the #1 pick!

I have no idea what their record will be to be honest.  There is still to many things that have to take place before the first game kicks off to say one way or the other.  

1 hour ago, RASTAN66 said:

Clearly the experts with the cash have an opinion diametrically opposed to yours.

Question, are you pulling for Teddy to fail?

Do they? $20M a year average for a QB in today's NFL is pretty much chump change and we were probably bidding against ourselves. The experts with the cash are gonna draft Tua in the top 10. Teddy didn't go top 10.

I don't have to root for Teddy to fail. He's going to do what he's always done. Manage the game and not turn the ball over. He'll be as good as the team is. He's not winning or losing any games himself. The bad news for the Panthers is that the team probably isn't going to be very good.

If he drops to 7 you take him.

he can sit behind Teddy for 1-2 seasons. Teddy is really a 2 year contract.

people wanting to wait forget if we win 7-8 games,.. are not getting your wet dream QBs from next year. 

so you take the QB

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Do they? $20M a year average for a QB in today's NFL is pretty much chump change...

He's not winning or losing any games himself.

Is it?  Chump change?  Currently there are two #1 overall selection QB's age 30 or younger who can't sniff a contract even close to what Teddy secured.

To your point, it will look like chump change when people come to understand how good Big Time Teddy really is.

Therein lay the beauty of having a guy like Tepper as owner, he truly understands how to ferret out steals that the market is undervaluing. 

No QB has ever won an NFL game by himself.

6 minutes ago, RASTAN66 said:

Is it?  Chump change?

To your point, it will look like chump change when people come to understand how good Big Time Teddy really is.

Therein lay the beauty of having a guy like Tepper as owner, he truly understands how to ferret out steals that the market is undervaluing. 

No QB has ever won an NFL game by himself.

carolina panthers GIF

6 minutes ago, JARROD said:

carolina panthers GIF

I advocated at length for the Panthers to retain Cam, and I still think they should have.

That said, Cam is in the rear view mirror, 100% irrelevant at this point.

Rhule's Rules rule.

It's Teddy Time.

Haters gonna hate...

2 hours ago, MMA said:

I think it might be the perfect scenario for us if Tua is available. He can sit behind Teddy and slowly learn the offense. If Teddy struggles, then you have Tua. If Teddy performs, you could trade him to a qb needy team. 

No Tua or any other QB at this time!!

If we take Tua or Herbert, it will speed up the rebuilding process. We can start building elsewhere (defense). If we pass up on Tua or Herbert, we are going to have to tank some games in order to have a chance at Trevor or Fields next year. It could cost up future picks. 

34 minutes ago, RASTAN66 said:

I advocated at length for the Panthers to retain Cam, and I still think they should have.

That said, Cam is in the rear view mirror, 100% irrelevant at this point.

Rhule's Rules rule.

It's Teddy Time.

Haters gonna hate...

Teddy is going to suck

Archived