• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney Conference Call

Mr. Scot

Things gleaned from this...

- The Turner-Okung trade was initiated by the Chargers; that doesn't really increase my confidence that things will fall in our favor on that front

- Hurney and Tepper discussed the trade with Newton, not Matt Rhule; can somewhat understand since Rhule is a relative stranger; still... :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

- No answer as to why the decision was made other than to say that they told Newton (who hasn't seemed to be all that accepting of the decision)

- "We acted as soon as the decision was made"; yeah...not buying it, that decision was probably made a long time ago.

- Hurney says that they called Cam's people to say they were seeking a trade; no mention of Newton's reps wanting to control the process :thinking:

- Still won't say it's a rebuild; as usual, sounds like a guy who thinks the team just needs a little tweaking to win now

- Marty has always been a self-promoter; hence, how he really likes to remind people that he drafted Cam Newton as if we didn't know

- In the same vein, Marty still trying to talk up Greg Little; that's another thing I'm not buying into

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Things gleaned from this...

- The Turner-Okung trade was initiated by the Chargers; that doesn't really increase my confidence that things will fall in our favor on that front

- Hurney and Tepper discussed the trade with Newton, not Matt Rhule; can somewhat understand since Rhule is a relative stranger; still... :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

- No answer as to why the decision was made other than to say that they told Newton (who hasn't seemed to be all that accepting of the decision)

- "We acted as soon as the decision was made"; yeah...not buying it, that decision was probably made a long time ago.

- Hurney says that they called Cam's people to say they were seeking a trade; no mention of Newton's reps wanting to control the process :thinking:

- Still won't say it's a rebuild; as usual, sounds like a guy who thinks the team just needs a little tweaking to win now

- Marty has always been a self-promoter; hence, how he really likes to remind people that he drafted Cam Newton as if we didn't know

- In the same vein, Marty still trying to talk up Greg Little; that's another thing I'm not buying into

Was thinking the same thing on the trade. The Chargers get younger on the OL and likely saw the potential of Trai getting back to his top level. After Williams and Paradis fell on their faces after missing significant time the year before, getting another OL fresh off missing most of a year doesn’t make me feel good. Also, the Little is fine thing is BS. I know it’s “too early” but when you trade up to 37 with picks valued at pick 31, you’d expect a player to start year 1 not year 3.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He was clearly saying it to emphasize why it was such a difficult decision for him to make.  Come on now.

Just now, stbugs said:

Was thinking the same thing on the trade. The Chargers get younger on the OL and likely saw the potential of Trai getting back to his top level. After Williams and Paradis fell on their faces after missing significant time the year before, getting another OL fresh off missing most of a year doesn’t make me feel good. Also, the Little is fine thing is BS. I know it’s “too early” but when you trade up to 37 with picks valued at pick 31, you’d expect a player to start year 1 not year 3.

Well, don't forget that Little was supposed to be the pick at 16 because they didn't think Burns would fall.

Then of course we traded up to get Little because we thought someone else wanted him when they didn't :eyeroll:

Archived