• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Ricky Spanish

I just finished this. 

I normally do not watch anime but I watched Avatar the Last Airbender and it recommended I watch NGE to fill the void so I did. 

So, on the whole, the series is fantastic. The story is so incredibly layered and there's a ton of amazing imagery and whatnot throughout. I would probably highly recommend it...

But that ending... Man I had no idea what was going on. At all. I had to read up on it afterwards and I guess I kind of get it now but I'll be damned if they couldn't have done things a little differently. I say this after watching the movie which was supposed to clear the ending of the show up, but just made me even more confused. 

So yeah, it's only 26 episodes and a movie, and it's really really well done, but gets super confusing at the very end. I do not regret watching it but I have a headache trying to understand it. 

• 3 months later...

I watched a couple of episodes of this series as a kid.  I never watched the whole series to this day, and based on the confusing ending, I don't think I will ever watch it.  The only thing I will say about the series is I love the opening.  It has always been apart of my playlist.

On 7/24/2020 at 10:46 PM, Ricky Spanish said:

I just finished this. 

I normally do not watch anime but I watched Avatar the Last Airbender and it recommended I watch NGE to fill the void so I did. 

So, on the whole, the series is fantastic. The story is so incredibly layered and there's a ton of amazing imagery and whatnot throughout. I would probably highly recommend it...

But that ending... Man I had no idea what was going on. At all. I had to read up on it afterwards and I guess I kind of get it now but I'll be damned if they couldn't have done things a little differently. I say this after watching the movie which was supposed to clear the ending of the show up, but just made me even more confused. 

So yeah, it's only 26 episodes and a movie, and it's really really well done, but gets super confusing at the very end. I do not regret watching it but I have a headache trying to understand it. 

There is a movie that was made which makes the ended a little bit clearer/better? the Depth to some of the Anime of the 90's is lost today unfortunately, I'd say the overall quality has dipped significantly for easy sources of revenue.

some oldies but goodies

1. Cowboy Bebop - probably the greatest Anime of all time

2. Trigun, light hearted and fun, but also dark at times, the movies are really good too.

3. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex season 1(2002)

All of these are masterpieces, the only Anime to rise to these levels imo since was FMA, and FMA: Botherhood. which is the gold standard since. 

6 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

There is a movie that was made which makes the ended a little bit clearer/better? the Depth to some of the Anime of the 90's is lost today unfortunately, I'd say the overall quality has dipped significantly for easy sources of revenue.

some oldies but goodies

1. Cowboy Bebop - probably the greatest Anime of all time

2. Trigun, light hearted and fun, but also dark at times, the movies are really good too.

3. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex season 1(2002)

All of these are masterpieces, the only Anime to rise to these levels imo since was FMA, and FMA: Botherhood. which is the gold standard since. 

Anything by Watanabe is tops. 

Archived