• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets pick 3rd!!!

Jeremy Igo

12 hours ago, WOW!! said:

He makes plays for himself and teammates.. He's a elite ball handler and passer in a 6'7 long frame.. He can literally create his on offense.. Charlotte hasn't had a player like this ever.. If he develops a better jump and 3 point shot.. Your talking about having a Luka or Hardin type player...

Magic Johnson comes to mind.

11 hours ago, Shocker said:

I find a way...Toppin is a fuggin beast man

BTW:  Top 3 picks are about talent much more than fit.  Take the best talent.

Yes--you don't take the player that best fits the need, you take the best player and then trade the odd man out to meet the need.

52 minutes ago, Thama said:

Even if LaMelo develops into a star, there is a zero percent chance he would stay in Charlotte past his rookie contract.

I'll take Obi Toppin over that any day.

I agree with this and I really hope LaMelo goes before us (Golden State trades 2?).

That gives us either Edwards or Wiseman.  I like Toppin but Wiseman could be special albeit he will need some time.  Much better defender already.  We know the Hornets need a big time scorer but also a franchise level rebounder/defender in the middle.  

I personally think Lonzo is/will stay a better player than LaMelo.  Just my opinion.  Plus...there is Lavar.  :eyeroll:

56 minutes ago, Thama said:

Even if LaMelo develops into a star, there is a zero percent chance he would stay in Charlotte past his rookie contract.

I'll take Obi Toppin over that any day.

I don't get this line of thinking. Nobody has ever taken the qualifying offer in restricted free agency after their rookie deal. They always sign another four or five year contract. Even the guys who have forced their ways out have stayed for six years or so and their teams have gotten good returns for them. If you think a guy's a star, you're still way better off taking them than throwing a dart at someone else.

Anyway, if you build a good enough team then you won't have this problem in the first place. Lonzo's going to stay in New Orleans because that's where Zion is and winning in a small market as a player who's already famous is a better deal than losing in New York or LA. We'll need a second piece, but take the best guy first.

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

I agree with this and I really hope LaMelo goes before us (Golden State trades 2?).

That gives us either Edwards or Wiseman.  I like Toppin but Wiseman could be special albeit he will need some time.  Much better defender already.  We know the Hornets need a big time scorer but also a franchise level rebounder/defender in the middle.  

I personally think Lonzo is/will stay a better player than LaMelo.  Just my opinion.  Plus...there is Lavar.  :eyeroll:

Lavar isn't moving to Charlotte  like he didn't move to NO .  He isn't a problem as long as he stays on the west coast... And this player will leave thing needs to stop... So now we don't draft stars because they will leave?? So how do we get a star player??

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Yes--you don't take the player that best fits the need, you take the best player and then trade the odd man out to meet the need.

How many years do we take under size PF who are good scorers but aren't great rebounders or defenders?? I like Paul Milsap and all but is that type a player a franchise star you spend 3 drafts trying to get...

Been watching highlights and seriously ...Edwards is like Jordan.  Amazingly talented player.  Trade 3 and lots more to get to 1 and get that kid.  He is special...oceans between Edwards and these other dudes

Edwards is going to win a championship...incredible talent 

Archived