• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We beating tampa

RumHam

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Now there is film on both Joe Brady and Phil Snow. 

Things will get tougher. 

I don't think we beat Tampa Bay.

The Raiders started picking up on some of our tendencies even before the game was over.

It's just one week, but that's a little concerning.

32 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Yes I have. They are not as bad as we expected. They're not great, but Carr threw exactly one TD and was held under 250 yards on a day when our pass rush provided zero pressure. 

I've also seen the TB offensive line. Brady can be pissed off all he wants. He will have a hard time laying 40 on anybody behind that line unless the refs get a LOT more obvious about giving him the calls.

Correct,

Carr did only throw for 255.  But you must have been watching a different game than everybody else.  Because our DBs weren't shutting guys down, Carr was just missing them.

And by the way, Evans, Godwin, etc. Next week are on a whole other level than Nelson Agholor and Hunter Renfrow.

Thats some team saying theyre going to stop CMC because they had a good game vs Ronald Jones.  It just doesnt work that way.  

Tampa's OL was trash last year, but have still got a little better with Wirfs.

Those WRs toasted us last year with a worse OL, with Jameis Pick 6 Winston throwing them the ball.  And with Bradberry and Luke back in Coverage.  Now all of a suden something is going to change.  We got way worse and they got better in that matchup that was already in their favor last year

18 minutes ago, RJK said:

If the raiders can score 34 the bucs are going to put up 40 at least. The raiders are bad on offense 

This. 

Jacobs had a great fantasy day, but averaged 3.7 YPC.  Ruggs was potentially hobbled, and their leading WR at 55 yards. Waller didn't do much.  David Carr and a bad offense put up 34 points on bad ground and pound and meh offense at best.  The Raiders had a meh day, are a bottom 5 offense we'll face, and still hung 34 on us. 

We now get Godwin, Evans, & Co. with Brady, in Tampa. Something tells me even an old Brady will be able to pick on our secondary a little easier than Carr.  If our offense were to turn the ball over Sunday, it's getting ugly ugly. 

23 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Correct,

Carr did only throw for 255.  But you must have been watching a different game than everybody else.  Because our DBs weren't shutting guys down, Carr was just missing them.

And by the way, Evans, Godwin, etc. Next week are on a whole other level than Nelson Agholor and Hunter Renfrow.

Thats some team saying theyre going to stop CMC because they had a good game vs Ronald Jones.  It just doesnt work that way.  

Tampa's OL was trash last year, but have still got a little better with Wirfs.

Those WRs toasted us last year with a worse OL, with Jameis Pick 6 Winston throwing them the ball.  And with Bradberry and Luke back in Coverage.  Now all of a suden something is going to change.  We got way worse and they got better in that matchup that was already in their favor last year

Meh. 

I think everyone is still thinking Brady is some sort of MVP.  Let him prove that last year's decline was a mirage. I refuse to be afraid of that old man and am gleefully looking forward to a rude awakening for him in TB this year.

Btw nowhere did I claim our DB's were shutting people down. I watched the same game you did, and what I saw was a secondary that held up surprisingly well considering the front 7 got zero pressure on the QB. We can talk about David Carr and his receivers being nothing special all day long but the fact is he put up 4k yards in each of the past two seasons and supposedly came into this game with an upgraded receiving corps and one of the most dangerous TE's in the game.

If our pass rush is as piss poor against TB as it was today and gives old man Brady all day to throw, his receivers may indeed shred us, but if that happens it will be as much about lack of pressure as any faults in the secondary. I'm not proclaiming our secondary any great thing, just saying that in the game I watched, they weren't the reason we lost.

Also Carr failed to complete only 8 passes out of 30 thrown, so I'm not sure where you're coming up with this notion he was just "missing them" Only 3 of those completions went for more than 20 yards, so again, imo the secondary did what I consider to be a pretty acceptable job of keeping things in front of them and contained all things considered.

4 hours ago, RJK said:

If the raiders can score 34 the bucs are going to put up 40 at least. The raiders are bad on offense 

I think you are underestimating the Raiders offense. They have one of the best olines in football, a very good RB, a good TE, very quick receivers, and a decent QB. Carr gets the ball out quick so it is hard to sack him unless a pass rusher beats their blocker cleanly off the snap.

Their defense, on the other hand, is almost as bad as ours

18 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I've also seen the TB offensive line. Brady can be pissed off all he wants. He will have a hard time laying 40 on anybody behind that line unless the refs get a LOT more obvious about giving him the calls.

I don’t think they can be more obvious than they were yesterday.

All 3 of their TD drives yesterday were thanks to ticky tack calls giving them a fresh set of downs.

Archived