• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is the best player on the defense?

hepcat

I was just thinking to myself, what used to be such an easy question to answer for almost the last decade, is now up for debate and honestly kind of depressing.

I know it’s early in the season, but who is the best player on the Panthers defense right now?

Rasul Douglas and Stephen Weatherly were the highest graded players in Week 1 by PFF. 

So who else is a contender? Shaq Thompson? Derrick Brown? Jeremy Chinn?

37 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I was just thinking to myself, what used to be such an easy question to answer for almost the last decade, is now up for debate and honestly kind of depressing.

I know it’s early in the season, but who is the best player on the Panthers defense right now?

Rasul Douglas and Stephen Weatherly were the highest graded players in Week 1 by PFF. 

So who else is a contender? Shaq Thompson? Derrick Brown? Jeremy Chinn?

Extremely hard to say. Pay wise, it needs to be Shaq or KK. To date, Weatherly, Douglas and Chinn all looked possible.

It would be nice to see Brown be that guy.

Way too early and not looking good for the vets we have left so far. Boston, KK and Shaq have looked not good enough and the fact we have positive things to say about Chinn, Weatherly, Brown, Burns and Douglas is very concerning for the Vets with big contracts going forward. Still, it's early year bad football time compounded by a fugged preseason with new coaches that have little NFL experience. 

Archived