• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 3 comp: Isaiah Simmons vs Jeremy Chinn

3 hours ago, CRA said:

everyone so fixated on pooping on Simmons this week....watch AZ move him to S this week and he start making plays on us lol. 

Im definitely not poo-pooing on Simmons, was just a curiosity since those two were the biggest debate of the offseason. Like I put in the title, it's only week 3.

What's more curious to me is, a top 10 pick is almost always a starter, so like people have mentioned here: is it the system, football IQ or coaches not knowing what to do with him? His tape looked amazing, so for his sake I hope they figure out what to do with him. But, you know, not this week ;)

I'm very happy with Chinn, he's had a great attitude, very intelligent and he's got that Football DNA from his uncle Steve Atwater, who could absolutely lay people out. I'm excited to see where he goes from here.

6 minutes ago, blueandblackattack said:

Im definitely not poo-pooing on Simmons, was just a curiosity since those two were the biggest debate of the offseason. Like I put in the title, it's only week 3.

What's more curious to me is, a top 10 pick is almost always a starter, so like people have mentioned here: is it the system, football IQ or coaches not knowing what to do with him? His tape looked amazing, so for his sake I hope they figure out what to do with him. But, you know, not this week ;)

I'm very happy with Chinn, he's had a great attitude, very intelligent and he's got that Football DNA from his uncle Steve Atwater, who could absolutely lay people out. I'm excited to see where he goes from here.

He had a decent snap count week 1 and then it was peeled back and now they're looking at S.  Thing is, he should still be playing in the box with a LB mentality so I don't know.  Chinn is much more defined in his role/seems very comfortable whereas Simmons is definitely having a curve to get over if they're peeling back his role when it's not like they have some top-5 NFL talent at the spots in front of him.  Tremaine Edwards is the type of role I thought Simmons can grow into but it looks like he's more of an oversized safety/Dimebacker.  Thing was, he was advertised as more than a Killebrew/Buccanon type.  We will see! It's still early. 

Archived