• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another former Temple player signed today

SgtJoo

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

what about Kenny Robinson?

When you're on a team's practice squad and a guy goes down at your position and the team goes out and plucks someone off another team's practice squad instead of activating you... yeah, that probably tells you everything you need to know about your future with that organization. I get it, he lit up the XFL and I was excited about that pick too. But it just looks like he's not an NFL player. If you can't make it on this roster as a safety, you're probably just not NFL caliber.

Someone who never had anything given to him. He embodies the idea of what Rhule wants to build as a competitive, hard nosed football team. While he probably won't get any starting time on the defensive side, I can really get behind the idea of building a whole roster with this mentality from the practice squad, to special teams, offense , and defense. "This is a kid who was homeless with his mom and 3 sisters living in shelter homes after Shelter homes in Camden, NJ. He said when we was playing popper warner football, after a win the coaches would take the team to eat, and Chandler would save some food for his youngest sister because he wasn’t sure if she had eaten. and he did fairly well 2018."

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When you're on a team's practice squad and a guy goes down at your position and the team goes out and plucks someone off another team's practice squad instead of activating you... yeah, that probably tells you everything you need to know about your future with that organization. I get it, he lit up the XFL and I was excited about that pick too. But it just looks like he's not an NFL player. If you can't make it on this roster as a safety, you're probably just not NFL caliber.

He's a rookie?

And also a FS and I'm p.sure Burris played Strong

1 hour ago, Panther Believer said:

Someone who never had anything given to him. He embodies the idea of what Rhule wants to build as a competitive, hard nosed football team. While he probably won't get any starting time on the defensive side, I can really get behind the idea of building a whole roster with this mentality from the practice squad, to special teams, offense , and defense.

"This is a kid who was homeless with his mom and 3 sisters living in shelter homes after Shelter homes in Camden, NJ. He said when we was playing popper warner football, after a win the coaches would take the team to eat, and Chandler would save some food for his youngest sister because he wasn’t sure if she had eaten. and he did fairly well 2018."

So, I wondered where your quote came from so I went looking.  Found this article (not where you got it but good read): https://www.inquirer.com/philly/sports/colleges/temple/temple-sean-chandler-football-defensive-back-camden-homeless-shelters-20171026.html

Worth reading. Seems like a lot to like about what type of player/person he is.  Hope his hard work pays off and keeps him on the roster...making plays.

....When I heard that, I understand why he works as hard as he does."

Anybody who has spent time around Chandler always points out his incredible work ethic and his silent but firm leadership.

"For us, we didn't do double sessions and he used to organize and hold a practice in preseason," said Dwayne Savage, Chandler's high school coach and still the head coach at Camden High. "Everybody respected him so much that they showed up for those workouts."

Stories about Chandler's work ethic are legendary. He often stays at Temple's football facility until he is bleary-eyed looking at tape of the next opponent.

"Champ is the reason Tavon Young is playing in the NFL," Brown said. "Tavon wasn't always the hardest worker, but when Champ came, that all changed and he became an unbelievable worker after that."

Young, on injured reserve with a torn ACL, has maintained a close relationship with Chandler. The two worked out together in the off-season.

"He was a great teammate," Young said. "On the field, you always want to have him on your team, but off the field, he is a tremendous person."

Chandler has made the same favorable impression on Temple's new coaching staff.

"I coached kids in the past who had entitlement issues. Sean Chandler has zero," Temple first-year coach Geoff Collins said. "He is respectful, he is grateful for everything he gets and understands he has to work for everything he gets, and he has just been awesome to coach."

Here's another one:

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Article/Sean-Chandler-New-York-Giants-safety-makes-final-roster-118516620/

Archived