• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Carolina Panthers at New Orleans Saints Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Harbingers said:

DJax was LP all week, really think he's gonna play?

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Panthers CBs Donte Jackson (toe, questionable) and Eli Apple (hamstring, questionable) are expected to play in Week 7 against the Saints.

The Saints opened the week with the potential of having Michael Thomas (hamstring, out) go to work against a weakened secondary. Now they'll have Tre'Quan Smith taking on Carolina at full strength as Emannuel Sanders (reserve/COVID-19 list) is also out. Smith has WR3 potential as Drew Brees' top pass-catcher but does get a downgrade because of the difficult matchup. Carolina has only allowed 218.8 passing yards per game this year, No. 7 in the league.

5 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i don't know how well known he was personally here, but RIP @Jimmy, who passed earlier this week. one of my original tailgating buddies. met up with him at least once a year for games. pour one out for a fellow huddler today 

I met him once at a tailgate as well. Really nice guy. Hate to hear this. Rest In Peace. 

1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

pretty much a must-win game for us. if we lose i don't think we make the playoffs 

Jim Mora Playoffs GIFIt's a long season, PhillyB! Let's not get too ahead of ourselves! That goes both ways though. One game is not making or breaking our season. 

53 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i don't know how well known he was personally here, but RIP @Jimmy, who passed earlier this week. one of my original tailgating buddies. met up with him at least once a year for games. pour one out for a fellow huddler today 

Well that's a downer! I respected his Huddle presence! My regards to you, and send condolences to his family if you're able (for whatever it's worth)! I'm serious!

57 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

@Jimmy was a real one. That sucks to hear. I hope his daughter and family are ok. Thanks for bringing this to our attention @PhillyB

This feels like a Tre Boston interception day. Brees and pedestrian receivers won’t provide as much of a deep threat as others, allowing Boston to be more aggressive at jumping routes. 

For my sanity, I’m going to envision this Boston interception rather than Boston trying to tackle Kamara in the open field. 

Yeah, man, I just went to his FB page, looked at the tribute vid from the funeral home and left some condolences. 

I know that it may sound strange, but sometimes I think it's easy to lose sight of our cognizance that everyone (well, almost everyone...) has a life they're living outside of the Huddle. Even though many of us don't know each other IRL personally, we're still a family of sorts, so it's always a little shocking when a Huddler, especially one so young, dies! 

All we can do is keep pounding! Whenever I take that eternal dirt nap, I've instructed my son to get on here and let everyone know! Just know that my greatest desire for this place is to have everyone see the Panthers win the big one before passing on. @Jimmy is just going to have to do it from heaven (or "beyond", if you don't quite believe in heaven).

If you don't remember anything I've ever said, remember this: Keep pounding!

Archived