• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All of you were right about Cam

AceBoogie

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

I think we all have fond memories of Cam diving into the endzone, juking multiple defenders, blasting through DBs, chucking bombs down field, and scrambling out of what would have been a sure sack for any other QB. The reality is that a QB Cam's size who runs a lot will probably have a short career.

I wanted Cam to stay here for the final year of his contract because I felt like he deserved a "prove it" year. If he was bad, then we simply don't offer another contract. But that would have been the wrong decision because Teddy was in free agency, and we only had one shot at bringing him here. We needed to act immediately by moving on from Cam and securing our QB for the future.

In my plan we'd be losing with a washed up Cam in his final year of contract and eyeing Lawrence in the draft. Not the end of the world, but I like Rhule's plan better.

The only thing I disagree with you on is that I don't think TB is the answer for the future.

I don't want Cam to be done, and I don't think his shoulder looked bad for the quarter and a half I watched, but he threw two costly interceptions in that time and the reality is I have such Cam-homer glasses I can't tell anymore... But he has so little help... fuging Byrd is his #1 receiver... Edelman has huge trouble catching anything...  I hate what this franchise did to him, but it looks more and more that they did the right thing for the football side of things by moving on from him.

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

You know I love you cookie, but he’s bad. Hasn’t played the QB position well all year. I watch a lot of teams play because I’m a heavy gambler and he’s been easily the worst QB I’ve watched the last few weeks. 

He did have one very good game passing vs SEA.  Really thought he was back.  He didn't have bad games vs MIA or LVR either.

He's also only a couple weeks removed from COVID. He just doesn't look right back there.  I hope he isn't done.

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I don't want Cam to be done, and I don't think his shoulder looked bad for the quarter and a half I watched, but he threw two costly interceptions in that time and the reality is I have such Cam-homer glasses I can't tell anymore... But he has so little help... fuging Byrd is his #1 receiver... Edelman has huge trouble catching anything...  I hate what this franchise did to him, but it looks more and more that they did the right thing for the football side of things by moving on from him.

Jimmy Clausen had 9 picks in 13 appearances in 2010, Cam had 7 in 4 games. 

No bad team is an excuse for a QB to throw 3 picks in 15 passes. 

Colin Kap had 16 TDs and 4 Interceptions with the 49ers in their 1 season with Jim Tonsula 

Cam has the greatest coach in the history of pro football, its over.

I don't think Cam is done, but he is a middle of the pack QB at best.  The biggest issue is his durability.  If he can't play a whole season without breaking down, then teams aren't going to invest in him.  

I'm not buying any of the "Patriots have nobody" excuse.  Cam chose to go there on a 1 year minimum contract.  That's on him for putting himself in that situation.

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

My bad. 

The Huddle has been all stats no context lately. 

But yeah, the incompletion numbers are one thing but how he missed and the ball coming out, just wasn’t pretty 

No problem! Nothing literally life threatening as much as maybe life changing for a young family member. We'll see. 

But football-wise, I was able to see Cam against the Seahawks, and he really didn't look that bad. Of course I probably didn't pay as close attention to his actual passes that I could have, but he looked to be a serviceable passer with outstanding legs still. Maybe I just saw what I wanted to. I think people should maybe ask themselves that about Cam's last couple of years in Charlotte.

6 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Too be completely fair Cam is responsible for the offense being trash. Their defense is another huge problem. They only forced one punt all day and that came in garbage time. Who knows, but Brady definitely winning the battle between him and Bill. 

In Belichick's defense, it's largely Kraft's fault. Belichick was ready to move on from Brady and move forward with Garoppolo. Kraft wanted to stick with Brady and forced the trade if Jimmy G.

1 minute ago, CatTower said:

I don't think Cam is done, but he is a middle of the pack QB at best.  The biggest issue is his durability.  If he can't play a whole season without breaking down, then teams aren't going to invest in him.  

I'm not buying any of the "Patriots have nobody" excuse.  Cam chose to go there on a 1 year minimum contract.  That's on him for putting himself in that situation.

I just don't see him getting paid from anyone with what he's been putting up the last three seasons. 

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I don’t think he’s injured. The guy just isn’t reading the field well. And when he does he throws it in the dirt. He’s late on all his throws. He probably doesn’t know the playbook and that’s a given, but when guys are open you have to hit them. 

Archived