• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Dex

Releases tomorrow! I'm fuging hype. I watched a little of the gameplay on Twitch yesterday but don't wanna spoil it for myself. A nice little distraction before Cyberpunk 2077 drops.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is my favorite Assassin's Creed, which is saying something considering it's a series that spans 23 games. It builds on the already excellent RPG foundations laid by Origins and Odyssey, but with meaningful improvements that iron out many of the frustrations I had with both games. Case in point: Not once during the 60-hour story was I told to stop and level up a bunch before I could take on the next quest. That also means Ubisoft isn't selling optional experience boosts, either. Thank god.

92/100

https://www.pcgamer.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-review/

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

There are 23 Assassin's Creed games? Jeebus... I lost track somewhere around 3 and 4.

They changed them drastically recently. Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla are more like open world RPGs as opposed to the previous games that were linear with areas blocked off. Incredible and ballsy change.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been playing (sparingly) for a couple of weeks now, finished Odyssey around the same time.

Probably 15 or so hours in, maybe a little more.

Really fun game, but I THINK I enjoyed Odyssey more, that could be because I had built myself into an absolute terror and on this one I'm starting from scratch again and getting beat up by wolves and ladies with brooms....

Either way, the last couple of hours have drawn me in a lot more.

Couple tips if you haven't started yet.

Upgrade your rations ASAP, you are pretty weak early in the game and this is important.

Take your time in Norway and get as much done as you can...maybe a few hours or so, then head over to England, it gets much more fun there.

Play the story.  In this one you need to play the story mode more so than Odyssey.  In that one you could just roam around more and get stronger and get better weapons...in this one some of the things are story unlocked...follow the story, expect for the raids.

Your early gear and weapons are perfectly fine to use for most of the game, it's not like the past where you get TONS AND TONS of weapons and have to figure out which ones to upgrade or not...in this one, they want you to get accustomed to a set or type and upgrade it and keep it.  I use Varin's axe upgraded like crazy.

Runes are valuable, especially the movement and defensive ones...I buy them (and all iron and leather) from all of the markets across the towns.

Really good time waster durning the crappy Winter months.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 1/13/2021 at 10:31 AM, thefuzz said:

Been playing (sparingly) for a couple of weeks now, finished Odyssey around the same time.

Probably 15 or so hours in, maybe a little more.

Really fun game, but I THINK I enjoyed Odyssey more, that could be because I had built myself into an absolute terror and on this one I'm starting from scratch again and getting beat up by wolves and ladies with brooms....

Either way, the last couple of hours have drawn me in a lot more.

Couple tips if you haven't started yet.

Upgrade your rations ASAP, you are pretty weak early in the game and this is important.

Take your time in Norway and get as much done as you can...maybe a few hours or so, then head over to England, it gets much more fun there.

Play the story.  In this one you need to play the story mode more so than Odyssey.  In that one you could just roam around more and get stronger and get better weapons...in this one some of the things are story unlocked...follow the story, expect for the raids.

Your early gear and weapons are perfectly fine to use for most of the game, it's not like the past where you get TONS AND TONS of weapons and have to figure out which ones to upgrade or not...in this one, they want you to get accustomed to a set or type and upgrade it and keep it.  I use Varin's axe upgraded like crazy.

Runes are valuable, especially the movement and defensive ones...I buy them (and all iron and leather) from all of the markets across the towns.

Really good time waster durning the crappy Winter months.

I feel the same. I put about 150 hours into Odyssey and if it had shields like Valhalla good lawd.

• Pie 2

On 1/18/2021 at 11:01 AM, SOJA said:

I'm liking it so far, recently got to England, the completionist in me just wants to find all the eagle landmarks and do all the raids, I guess I should do the actual story too lol 

You will just have to do a lot of them again, and the payoff won't be nearly as fun...I've gone to playing the story only...and wandering about but staying in the same "shire".

• Pie 1