• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about Trask

Jeremy Igo

He runs a 5.12 40 so you'll get Ryan Mallett comparisons. 

Buuuut he has a bit more NFL level traits.  I've been leaning on the "take a stab at him" side of things but prefer Wilson as the #3 QB.

Trask & Lance are the ones I'm having trouble parsing out. 

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

From the little I have seen from him, the only knock on Wilson is his frame.  He has to get bigger in the NFL.  And I would be cool with that if he sits a year

def a concern.  i get nervous every time teddy twig legs has defenders near him

34 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Kyle Trask is not Patrick Mahommes. Not even close. 

Trask is like the 6th best QB in this draft, and thats not a knock on him. The QB class is stacked like no other, might be a better draft PROSPECT wise than even 1983. If your team is needy for a QB and you pick in the the top half of the first round you should find a quality one, and smart teams will pick one instead of some dumb poo like a Florida State DT thats gonna end up being totally mediocre.

3 minutes ago, saX man said:

He runs a 5.12 40 so you'll get Ryan Mallett comparisons. 

Buuuut he has a bit more NFL level traits.  I've been leaning on the "take a stab at him" side of things but prefer Wilson as the #3 QB.

Trask & Lance are the ones I'm having trouble parsing out. 

I honestly don't think he has much of a chance to be any higher than the 5th QB.

20 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

So basically he Jimmy Clausen?

I wouldn't say that. Trask is kinda the opposite. Clausen was a one year wonder in college after being hyped through HS as the next Joe Montana. That dude was HYPED. Trask is a late boomer who just started to emerge last year. Trask has a better chance than Clausen simply because he sees the field better and throws with a lot more anticipation. Clausen was a wait and see it develop first QB who lacked the physical tools to deliver on it. If you're going to wait in the NFL, you better have elite talent (prime Cam being a good example).

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

It looks like all scheme and playmakers propping Trask up to me.  He lobs the ball into a wide open zone/receiver, lobs to a mismatch WR/TE (Pitts and others) who wins the 50/50 ball, or throws a bubble screen to Toney who does all the work for him. 

You've spoken a lot of truth IMO.

1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

If we dont get Mitch Trubisky we may as well not draft Patrick Mahommes

Trask is a 2nd tier QB in this draft. There are 4 top tier QB prospects -- Lawrence, Fields, Lance/Wilson in that order. I completely agree with you about still going for a QB if we miss on Lawrence/Fields (which we will) but don't agree that Trask is one to target in the 1st if we miss out on the others. If all 4 are somehow gone before we pick I would not reach for Trask; take BPA and then look at other QBs later. In my opinion though, that's incredibly unlikely. I'll think we'll have 1 or both of Lance/Wilson sitting there for the taking, and we need to jump on it.

Archived