• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Draft Thread 11/18 8 PM EST ESPN. Post your rumors, picks, opinions, etc here.

4 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

I live in Charleston and got to watch Riller play a ton. He was my favorite pick of this draft. Very smart player. Can easily see him as the backup PG if / when we move Terry.

I didn't watch a ton of Hornets games last year, more followed from a far and watched when they were on tv here in Boston... What are the thoughts on Graham long term? Is he more of a SG than PG? Do we think he can be a long term core piece at SG to pair with Ball? Other?

1 hour ago, t96 said:

I didn't watch a ton of Hornets games last year, more followed from a far and watched when they were on tv here in Boston... What are the thoughts on Graham long term? Is he more of a SG than PG? Do we think he can be a long term core piece at SG to pair with Ball? Other?

58 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Graham is a player and we absolutely should be looking at him long term 

I think he can play off guard a lot and get even better shots, but he can absolutely play the point

everybody keeps saying rozier is gonna be gone, but with ball and the kid from Charleston coming in, I say monk is the odd man out 

Rozier just doesn’t fit with Ball here. If anything I think Ball will be huge for Monk and I still think he has a ton of potential. Borrego saying we will be playing positionless basketball really plays into Graham’s and Monk’s strengths. 

Graham and Riller can be knock down spot up shooters and Monk, Miles, and PJ will be able to run the floor and hopefully LaMelo can turn this team into the new lob city. Terry just doesn’t fit the fast paced offense Borrego wants to run IMO. He just seems like the obvious odd man out.

Riller also is just an incredibly efficient offensive player. Rozier is not. Nothing against Terry but we should have never done the sign and trade for him to begin with. Just screamed of a panic move when the team realized Kemba wasn’t coming back.

Realistically I don’t see Riller getting playing time because I don’t think we will be able to move Terry. Possibly next year as an expiring.

Monk’s value is too low currently to give up on his potential. I don’t like giving up on first round picks and players under 25.

Talk of giving up on Bridges and Monk for Westbrook made me want to vomit.

Only players that should be available in a trade are Zeller, Rozier, and Batum. Keep rolling with the youth movement and actually try to develop our own draft picks for once please.

5 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

I live in Charleston and got to watch Riller play a ton. He was my favorite pick of this draft. Very smart player. Can easily see him as the backup PG if / when we move Terry.

Agreed...the addition of Riller and deletion of Monk will raise the team IQ a b-u-n-c-h!

I think Monk will be traded.  Also believe Rozier and Graham are gone.

Now is a perfect time to get some value out of Devonte in a trade. 

Monk is puny and undisciplined and will never succeed in the NBA as a full-time 2....may as well blow him out now.

Rozier played hard and is a serviceable NBA PG but he ain't the future and there are teams in need of a PG who will be interested in him.  As Stone Cold Steve Austin would say, "see you on down the road" fella"...

Ball is now the starting PG (at 6'7") and Riller will function as a brilliant and high energy backup PG.

I believe Mitch is looking to get BIG....Batum might even get back in the rotation given his 6'9" stature.  Mitch will look to blow out a lot of short guards and add size at the 2 & 3...Riller will probably end up being the only player under 6'5". 

12 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Agreed...the addition of Riller and deletion of Monk will raise the team IQ a b-u-n-c-h!

I think Monk will be traded.  Also believe Rozier and Graham are gone.

Now is a perfect time to get some value out of Devonte in a trade. 

Monk is puny and undisciplined and will never succeed in the NBA as a full-time 2....may as blow him out now.

Rozier played hard and is a serviceable NBA PG but he ain't the future and there are teams in need of a PG who will be interested in him.  As Stone Cold Steve Austin would say, "see you on down the road" fella"...

Ball is now the starting PG (at 6'7") and Riller will function as a brilliant and high energy backup PG.

I believe Mitch is looking to get BIG....Batum might even get back in the rotation given his 6'9" stature.  Mitch will look to blow out a lot of short guards and add size at the 2 & 3...Riller will probably end up being the only player under 6'5". 

I disagree. This team is going to be a run and gun squad. Either be able to shoot or attack the rim. The two big men were drafted to fill the role of losing Biz. Hopefully we can develop one of them to be more than just a space eater and shot blocker when needed.

Rozier isn’t a great shooter and isn’t great at attacking the basket. He just doesn’t fit with the current youth on this team. I also don’t see Batum ever seeing the floor again unless we get decimated by injuries.

Forgot to add, there is no way this team lets go of Devonte.

2 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I disagree. This team is going to be a run and gun squad. Either be able to shoot or attack the rim. The two big men were drafted to fill the role of losing Biz. Hopefully we can develop one of them to be more than just a space eater and shot blocker when needed.

Rozier isn’t a great shooter and isn’t great at attacking the basket. He just doesn’t fit with the current youth on this team. I also don’t see Batum ever seeing the floor again unless we get decimated by injuries.

Biz wasn't a "loss"...his departure is a gain!

No way Mitch is going to build a "run and gun" squad around a bunch of 6'1" guys, especially one who only shows up every 6 games (and that assumes he's not suspended).

We shall see!

12 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Any chance we can get Hayward or is he eyeing a super team to sign with 

Windhorst reported on First Take this morning that us and the Knicks are realistic options to sign him and there have been discussions, but he was really hoping to get a sign and trade done with Indy.

11 hours ago, TikTOK said:
12 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Any chance we can get Hayward or is he eyeing a super team to sign with 

Don’t see him coming here. He’s made enough money in his career unlike when he signed with us last time. At this point of his career, I think he would rather go to a contender.

I cannot believe he opted out of a $34 million payday, that's insane!

As for going to "a contender", the Celtics just  won 2 games in the Eastern Conference Finals...where's he gonna go?!?

EDIT:  After thinking about it some I can see where 4-yrs for $100MM total might be more attractive than 1-yr at $34MM...but the press is talking Knicks, they certainly aren't "a contender".

Archived