• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Draft Thread 11/18 8 PM EST ESPN. Post your rumors, picks, opinions, etc here.

5 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

Only if you conform to the conventional wisdom that there was a top tier of 3 and/or that Ball belongs in it.

Me no want.

Conventional wisdom is often correct. This was not a good draft class at all. And certainly hard to read. But as far as the information we have at this point, LaMelo is in the top tier of prospects in this draft. I'm not even a fan of Ball. I hope it works out, but I definitely have my concerns and I preferred Wiseman for sure. But going off the board and taking one of the other guys over Ball would not have been a good decision.

1 minute ago, bull123 said:

You were right

3. Charlotte Hornets
: PG LaMelo Ball, USA

Ball was my No. 1 prospect in this draft class. This was a no-brainer. Charlotte has good guards, but Ball has the potential to be a star. There are lots of things to be improved -- defense first on the list -- but if he becomes the best version of himself, he will be the best player in this draft class. Grade: A+

3 minutes ago, bull123 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lavar-ball-trump-lost-reelection-feud-still-be-president

this guy is a total disruption in every facet of everything

and ball can’t shoot

What does that article have to do with LaMelo? Who the fug cares about his family? The kid seems to have his head on pretty straight and doesn't let his dad's dumb antics affect him much. The team won't either. It'll be fine.

The shooting aspect is 100% my biggest concern. But it is something that can be improved and that's what we'll have to hope for. The playmaking and natural talent he has is unbelievable, and he's only gotten better and better every year. Defense is another concern but he seems to be completely bought into the game and that is something that can be coached up. Ball has the potential to become the biggest superstar in Charlotte in years.

Archived