• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PS5/XBox Series X - anyone have luck getting one?

KSpan

I've tried a little bit here and there, but nothing crazy.

The reality for me is that my Xbox One X is good enough for now.  I'm going to get an external SSD for my games (I mean my video business!) which should help my loading speeds.  My main TV is a rather ancient 1080p Plasma, which I'm not in a hurry to replace (C'mon baby!  Let's wait until 2022!).

If I get really interested in one, I'll try in April-May.  But I also play a fair bit on my PC as well, so it's not super imperative for me. Good luck those of you trying!

I'm hoping to nab an xbox series x. Been out of video games since 2012/13 when my 360 got the red ring of death. Seems like a good time to come back. It'll at least help me get out of the bar scene haha.

But yeah scalpers are a real pain in the ass. Same thing with the PC market too. All the new Ryzen CPU's and the new GPU's are all getting sold out and price gouged on ebay.

Nice @Floppin!  I've been looking, but pep ole want $800+ for an Xbox around here. 

It's really disheartening to see the number of people who have used bots to stockpile these consoles for the holiday season.  That's really messed up.  I saw a story in England about a group of resellers who sucked up 3,500 PS5s to sell them for massive profits.

If I was MS and Sony (and Nvidia and AMD as well), I'd be SUPER pissed because this takes money out of their pockets, and depresses sales.  Like many of us saying "yeah no" to a purchase right now because it's all scalpers and folks with more money than sense.  They'll miss our holiday dollars.  Then again, they could do something about that, and retailers could implement some systems to combat this as well.

But at the end of the day, they don't care.  They got someone's money.

Since I'm still playing on a 1080p plasma TV, I'm cool with my One X and crappy laptop =)

Looks like my mom and I both got one separately from each other during the Wal-Mart release tonight, and she got hers 15 minutes after the sale started. They were doing it in waves this time so hopefully that will continue and folks who legitimately want one will be able to get one. I know Best Buy was doing waves and a 2-step email authentication thing this weekend so hopefully that also cuts down on the scalping.

Now fingers are crossed that it shows up as it's supposed to.

5 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

My wife and stepson are going insane about this playstation thing and it's annoying as hell.

Releases of the newest hot tech toy are frequently messy but this is definitely compounded by the online-only aspect and that there seem to be random stores that are willing to sell in person, but no rhyme or reason behind it.

Archived