• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ppl crapping on the Vernon Carey pick.. Why??

WOW!!

He reminds me of....

Just like webber in college he played with too much.  But similarities are there..

Especially Web as a pro.. The passing the power the explosive..

The passing the moves and he's a better defender then Web..

Web has bigger hands and more aggression..

Vernon has a better shot now.. If Vernon ,did lose weight

31 minutes ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

I liked the pick but C-webb is a horrible comparison lol even a 19 year old Carey isn't close to being the athlete Webber was in the NBA

Similarities in size and weight.. And Carey is quite the athlete to be that thick..

1 hour ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

I liked the pick but C-webb is a horrible comparison lol even a 19 year old Carey isn't close to being the athlete Webber was in the NBA

Vernon Carey being compared to Chris Webber ....I mean come on. Carey is more like Chris Sabo than Chris Webber. 

2 hours ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

No

Yes.. And since I known WEb since 8th grade.. I'll go with my opinion.. 

If you actually look at the play style you can see similar post moves like the deep step and spin to the base line dunk.. The way both players can take a hit twist their bodies and make the layup for and 1 plays.. The way they face up and attack the basket.. The way they run the floor.. It all looks similar like Carey was watching film of C Webb..

It's not that hard to see the similarities in both their games..

1 minute ago, TikTOK said:

That’s too much to put on a rookie. Webber was a #1 pick. I think that people are complaining about the pick because he played at Duke. I like the pick but I don’t think that the kid has a shot. He’s just dunking and catching lobs. Richards has a better shot in my opinion and a pretty nice hook shot. 

Then you've only seen 1 highlight.. 

He showed a jumper, passing, face up game and if he got some better lateral movement from losing 30 pounds.. He has a chance to be really good..

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Vernon Carey was a projected lottery pick before he went to dook. I never saw him do anything too impressive in the handful dook games I watched last year. Will be surprised if he isn’t in the D league within a year. 

Except for being freshman of the year..

I read he's an old school center in a new school league.   The majority of his points (in the video) were dunks and layups.  I didn't see any shots outside of 10 feet.  In the NBA he is going to have to be able to shoot further out.  He's not going to dominate in the NBA like he did at Duke.

Most second round picks are projects.  

I'm not downplaying the player but he has work to do to become an effective NBA player. 

1 hour ago, Ship said:

Carey lost 30 lbs. we haven’t seen his NBA game yet. He wasn’t an old school center in high school. He became one for Duke. People are going to be surprised about what he looks like in the pros.

The kid in Highschool was a different player with a "respected" outside shot and pick and pop game.. Instead of being used more as a  low post beast at Duke..

Vernon vs Zion..

Vernon vs Wiseman

You see he had a drive to the basket game and good form on his jump shot while playing 2 different type of bigmen..

Archived