• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Slye or Butker

DaveThePanther2008

I was so upset we chose Gano over Butker. To make matters worse we put him on the practice squad and KC stole him. 

Gano goes down and Slye comes in and we have our kicker for years to come.

I know two weeks ago he missed the 67 yarder but that 56 yarder yesterday could have gone 65.

If you had your choice would you take Butker or Slye?

I'd stick with Slye.   I swear this kid has the leg to hit 70.

3 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Butker is the better kicker

But I hate playing this woulda coulda shoulda game because a healthy Gano was the safer option then an unproven rookie. The fact that he got injured and they just happened to swipe Butker was just plain bad luck.

True but we were lucky to get Slye. 

Slye is two years behind Butker so he has room to improve.

23 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

Butker is the best kicker in the NFL. Slye isn’t as bad as what fans are crying about. 

Butker has been pretty mediocre at best this year.  He's second worst at XP percentage and in the bottom half on FG percentage.  Unlike Slye, his FG percentage hasn't been negatively skewed by asking him to kick NFL record long FGs every other week.  His misses have been from the 40-49 yard range.  He had that one incredible game this year with the three 50+ yard FGs, but other than that, meh.

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Geez, when are we going to quit whining over Butker?

No one is whining over Butker.  It was a comparison.  I like Slye and very happy we have him.  The dude has a cannon for a leg and somewhere in time he is going to set the record.  He missed that 67 yarder by a foot and IMO didn't get a solid hit on the ball. 

He's also built like a linebacker.  The guy must be a workout warrior.  Did you hear the commentators talking about his cannons.

4 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Butker and its not even close. There isn't a measure by which Slye is better.

I can't agree with that last part.  I think Slye has unique power.  Granted kicker is not usually a focal point, but I don't ever remember a cannon like this.  Joey gives you hope, where with other kickers there would be none.  Gift and a curse, but it is kinda fun isn't it?

After the departure of Luke and TD, my girlfriend has all but lost interest in our team.  The only time she cares is when Joey is up to bat, and she REALLY wants him to break that record.  Still on team Joey, albeit still forever salty about Butker.

4 hours ago, WarHeel said:

Butker is the better kicker

But I hate playing this woulda coulda shoulda game because a healthy Gano was the safer option than an unproven rookie. The fact that he got injured and they just happened to swipe Butker was just plain bad luck.

You are misremembering.

Archived