• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaMelo

Martin

1 hour ago, TikTOK said:

After watching last night, Lamelo needs to start. He controls the game. Trade Rozier to the Clippers. 

I am not sure there is anyone on the clippers that is worth bringing on. It would be better if Rozier accepts becoming a Lou Williams spark off the bench.  Hornets need scoring.  Rozier would still get his touches in that role.  I still think Melo needs to earn his way to the starting lineup. He will get there eventually.  Need to see if he can be the PG who doesnt turn the ball over.  If he is turnover free then the ball needs to be in he and Haywards hands a majority of the time.

26 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

I rather develop a rookie who has all star potential by playing him early like Ja Morant than having him earn it just because you have a vet playing the same position. 

Tough with no summer league and roughly ten practices under their belt.  But I am not saying he needs to wait until mid season.  But longer then a dozen practices and 1 preseason game or you lose the locker room.  Trust me, players can see when a player has passed them. It might happen by December 23rd. He will get 25+ minutes starting or coming off the bench to start the season.

He's going to start soon. You can't not start him. If the Spectrum Center was open you'd have to start him. The guy got 10RB 4assists in 16min! Double that alone and you're looking at a good/great player.

You guys are looking at a guy more like Magic Johnson who could pass like that and play every position but center.

Have not given a sh!t about the Hornets/Bobcats in almost 20 years. LaMelo's preseason game highlights were the first interesting thing I've seen to make me maybe start caring again. If he can work on his shot and score some points, he's already got some rare talent in seeing the court and passing ability. Guy is going to sell tickets either way.

3 hours ago, hepcat said:

Have not given a sh!t about the Hornets/Bobcats in almost 20 years. LaMelo's preseason game highlights were the first interesting thing I've seen to make me maybe start caring again. If he can work on his shot and score some points, he's already got some rare talent in seeing the court and passing ability. Guy is going to sell tickets either 

Are you saying the Sean May and Adam Morrison preseasons didn't draw you in?

Thru 4 meaningless preseason games I see a Swiss Army knife type player...Vision, feel, passing- huge tools. Unfortunately the knife is missing the main blade- he just can’t shoot.

I don’t think this is a small sample bias. He’s never been able to shoot at any level.. As MKG showed us, hard to learn how to shoot when you are 19. 

his form on his jumpshot is problematic. it's awkward and has too many moving parts to be repeatable. you'll see he'll have nights where he has a good feel for it and nights where he can't find it at all. the best hope for his scoring in my opinion is in the pick and roll two man game but he's going to have to leave his feet and get uncomfortable. that's one thing ive noticed about him so far is that he doesn't spend a lot of time in the air. his jumper is flat, when he drives he prefers to lob rather than taking it directly to the rim... he just feels more comfortable not jumping and i think its partially because he's always been targeted by the opposition who would love an opportunity to take his legs out. in the league though you're going to have to drive with bad intentions and nobody cares about his clout here enough to try to hurt him. but he def needs to be more aggressive to the rim and finish some of those drives with a bang. he's 6'8"... he's taller than Miles and he's lobbing? 

but he's a young buck even by rookie standards. there's time. i just want him to drop any resistance to rebuiiding that shot. 

On 12/20/2020 at 9:15 AM, trueblue said:

Thru 4 meaningless preseason games I see a Swiss Army knife type player...Vision, feel, passing- huge tools. Unfortunately the knife is missing the main blade- he just can’t shoot.

I don’t think this is a small sample bias. He’s never been able to shoot at any level.. As MKG showed us, hard to learn how to shoot when you are 19. 

true, but an offense flows through it's point guard.  Sad about MKG.

If we have a Jason Kidd who can rebound, we have a great building block.

14 hours ago, Vagrant said:

his form on his jumpshot is problematic. it's awkward and has too many moving parts to be repeatable. you'll see he'll have nights where he has a good feel for it and nights where he can't find it at all. the best hope for his scoring in my opinion is in the pick and roll two man game but he's going to have to leave his feet and get uncomfortable. that's one thing ive noticed about him so far is that he doesn't spend a lot of time in the air. his jumper is flat, when he drives he prefers to lob rather than taking it directly to the rim... he just feels more comfortable not jumping and i think its partially because he's always been targeted by the opposition who would love an opportunity to take his legs out. in the league though you're going to have to drive with bad intentions and nobody cares about his clout here enough to try to hurt him. but he def needs to be more aggressive to the rim and finish some of those drives with a bang. he's 6'8"... he's taller than Miles and he's lobbing? 

but he's a young buck even by rookie standards. there's time. i just want him to drop any resistance to rebuiiding that shot. 

blake griffin's career was ruined by people taking his legs out

• 3 weeks later...

Early rookie ranking from CBS that is spot on.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-rookie-power-rankings-anthony-edwards-leads-the-pack-of-first-year-players-out-of-the-gate/

There wasn't a more hyped player coming out of this draft class than the youngest brother of the Ball family. An elite scorer with court vision just a tier below his brother's, Ball hasn't shied away from the big moments so far this season. He's been coming off the bench for Charlotte, due to the logjam of guards that the Hornets have in the backcourt, but so far it's worked for the best, as this team has pulled out some impressive early-season wins over the Mavericks, Netsand Hawks. That win over Dallas, has been Ball's most eye-opening performance to date. He put up 22 points, eight rebounds and five assists to finish the game a plus-8, and shot a ridiculous 7-of-10 from the field, and 4-of-5 from deep. 

What's been most impressive about his game, has been his rebounding. In that game against the Mavs, he fought for an offensive board and was able to get a shot back up to beat the buzzer at the end of the first quarter. He's shown that he's not afraid to get down in the paint and fight for rebounds, similar to what Luka Doncic does with the Mavericks, and because of Ball's 6-7 frame, he has the size to actually come away with a decent amount of rebounds each game. His shooting is actually in a better place than many expected it to be early in his career, and despite having an awkward shooting form -- similar to his brother -- his quick, and high release allows him to get it off with no problems.  

Archived