• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When Your Boss Thinks COVID is a Hoax

RockyTopVol

3 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

Covid proved that US is an individualist state where people make decisions based on their best interests.  

To a point. There are a sh!t-ton of people out there who look to someone else to make their decisions for them. COVID has definitely put the spotlight on that select group of "individuals."

On 12/6/2020 at 12:05 AM, Inimicus said:

Not doubting your circumstances or second guessing your methods at all.

My experience as a CTO/CIO over my last two gigs has made me put a lot of effort into things a simple as enforcing password requirements and endpoint hardening for machines that don't belong to the AD but connect to the VPN.  When you get into collaboration platforms, cloud based file sharing within the org and with clients, and DevOps pipelines/workflows it gets a lot deeper than just making sure everyone has broadband.

Same here.  Been working on and with Remote access issues over the last ten years or so, and the infrastructure cost and complexity of doing it in a relatively secure fashion are increasing exponentially.  Right now, executives are involved in a battle royal about giving remote workers corporate laptops vs letting them have restricted data on their home machines.  And if they do use their own machines, how to separate their confidential data from the users personal stuff.  

Archived