• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking like McCaffrey will play this weekend

Mr. Scot

Per Matt Rhule: Panthers.com

Panthers coach Matt Rhule said that if the team had practiced Monday (the facility was closed after a number of COVID-19 positives), McCaffrey would have participated, and the expectation was that he'd still be ready to play Sunday against the Broncos. That's welcome news, especially after the team put eight more players on the reserve/COVID-19 list Monday, including wide receivers DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel .

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I wonder if they play CMC in the slot more this week, letting Davis and Smith play RB more?

I would like to see this. Not sure how CMC would feel about it. Seems like a natural progression if CMC is not 100%. Might be an legit option to prolong his playing days if this year isn't a fluke. 

I'm fine with bringing him back. If he's healthy, play him. But I think we need to be smart about this. He's missed a lot of time this year and we don't have anything to play for. Bring him back, but limit his touches. Don't try to put him back in a workhorse role. Save that for next year. Honestly, I'd hope to see him on a "pitch count" both in snaps and touches. That would be the smart way to handle this situation IMO.

This really does seem like an excellent game to play him more from the slot.  I know a lot of folks, myself included, would like to see what that looks like and it would put him less in harms way than having him tote it up the middle 5-10 times.

From the article:

But the return to face the Broncos adds a layer to McCaffrey's comeback this week, since his father Ed McCaffrey had a standout career with the Broncos, winning a pair of Super Bowls in Denver.

Kinda like when Devin Funchess returned to Detroit and Teddy Bridgewater went back to Minnesota...

Sh-t :eyeroll:

Rhule said he would be at practice this week but he was at practice last week too.

He's a game changer and will definitely cause problems for Denver.  Denver's D is pretty good so I think this is going to come down to how well we shut down their offense. 

I am always for a player playing if he's healthy but if he reinjuries that shoulder again we could be in for a long off season. 

Archived