• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Zach Wilson becoming the consensus Huddle pick?

Jeremy Igo

Teddy is simply not fun to watch.  I want to be entertained again.  Cam brought that to CLT.  Can Wilson?  He's got moxie.  I'll give him that.  If we go with him, there's no reason not to support him and to get excited about his potential.

For me, Lance is the way to go though.  Similar skillset as Wilson but with an arm cannon.  I want to see the BIG throws downfield.  Take the top off with speed.  Lance can thrive doing that.

Any round one QB would be fine. It would also give me another year to not flip out and let the team continue its “rebuild”. I wouldn’t say one word if we drafted a round 1 QB, sat them a year and let Teddy play so that he could develop, and we could build our O line back up. 

If we don’t, and just decided to roll with Teddy for another year without someone to develop or claim he is a franchise QB, then I will have no faith in the direction that the team is going 

5 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Any round one QB would be fine. It would also give me another year to not flip out and let the team continue its “rebuild”. I wouldn’t say one word if we drafted a round 1 QB, sat them a year and let Teddy play so that he could develop and we could build our O line back up. 

if we don’t and just decided to roll with Teddy for another year without someone to develop or claim he is a franchise QB, then I will have no faith in the direction that the team is going 

Couldn’t agree more. If they don’t draft a QB in round 1 I have no doubt the Rhule regime will not last very long. I don’t care if Bridgewater starts next season but there needs to be a young QB waiting in the wings to take over.

He's my top choice as a realistic pick (I don't think Fields will be there and Lawrence is out of the question even in a trade)

He can make every throw you want on the field which is a pre-requiste in my mind to being a franchise guy, more importantly he isn't scared to make them. He's mobile enough to survive in the modern game. And he throws a fantastic deep ball. He would be a guy teams would have to spend all week figuring out how to defend the whole field because he can beat you anywhere. 

Archived