• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is QB the right pick?

rmoneyg35

It looks that we will more than likely only be Available  to Get the 3rd best Qb even if we loose out and the teams above us win out we would get the 3-4 pick. Bengals isn’t going to draft a QB however it looks like the Jets and Jags will draft a QB.

so do we want to get the 3rd bear qb and possibly over draft or do we get the best player at another position?

a lot of time teams will over draft for a QB and end up getting a QB they could have gotten a lot later. Also is the talent drop off at QB going to be worth drafting one at our spot?

yes there have been plenty of times that a lower ranked QB ends up being the best QB of the draft. So it’s very possible the first 2 QBs are bust and we end up getting the best one.

then there is also the chance that the teams in front of us don’t draft a QB and we end up getting the top QB. I don’t think that’s likely but with all the holes the Jets and Jax are it is technically possible but highly unlikely.

so what do you think? What would you prefer?

Depending on who you ask, there are somewhere between three and five QB's this year who are very similar in terms of projecting as an NFL starter.  "Our" third best QB may be someone elses first, so maybe we get our #2 guy by picking the third QB this year.

Yes, we need a QB.  There is nothing coming in FA that makes me believe otherwise.

If we're gonna be picking at this current spot...then yes, has to be either Zach or Trey.  Even if somehow all QBs are gone when we pick (unlikely) and Sewell as well, we still have the option of Micah Parsons, or one of the top 2 CBs (Surtain or Caleb Farley)...hell, maybe even Gregory Rousseau.  We're in a good spot regardless of what happens with the first 5 picks.

Assuming where I think we are going to be drafting is where we are picking, the guy that would move me off looking at a QB is Sewell.  He has been labeled as the most ready or the second most NFL-ready player in the draft (those that have him second have him behind Lawrence).  And we need a LT more than just a little bit, too.

I don't think Sewell gets past the Bengals pick, but you never know who is going to trade up or down.  Nor do we know what the Bengals expect from Burrows recovery.  Even if it is bad, I would not expect them to position themselves with another high first round pick at QB, but they could.  And let's face it: they are the Bengals.

1 minute ago, TikTOK said:

What’s the point of fixing the line first when reports are saying that Moton will be gone in return for nothing. 

Doesn't that just increase the need to fix the OL?  The alternative is putting some poor guy back there with no OL and asking him to run for his life.  Been there, done that, the results were decent at the best of times, but the downside was awful, and the ultimate cost was enormous. 

4 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

What’s the point of fixing the line first when reports are saying that Moton will be gone in return for nothing. 

He won't be gone, I'm sure the team will use the franchise tag on him if they can't agree on a new deal.

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

It isn't. Fix the rest of the team first, particularly the lines.

There's no player that plays offensive lineman worthy of a top 10 pick other than Sewell and he's going to the Bengals.  As for the defensive line, the only one worthy of top 10 is Rousseau and he's an EDGE rusher, we need DT...so we're not going to be fixing either line with our top pick.  It's most likely going to be QB/LB/CB.

The top QB's picked are not always the best. 

We could take the 3rd qb off the board and he could have the best career of qb's picked in this draft. We could trade up for trevor or fields and they could be a massive bust. All we can do is trust the panthers to pick the right guy.

Archived